Another Look @ The Potentials & Prospects of The Faith that is in Christ Jesus.
1. If – like David- our pains, failures, disappointments, or unmet expectations can’t always drive us to Lord, the devil will use every other response of ours to culture in us an unwillingness towards the Lord or His holy commandments – and would thereby limit us from becoming a people of God (Ps. 110:3, 1Pet. 2:9).
2. As long as we can still act outside the dictates of our spirit or act on expectations that aren’t born out of the revelations of righteousness, the enemy would keep harassing us with anxieties and fears – and we would continue to be strangers to a supernatural walk or to the peace that the Lord alone can give (Jn. 5:19/14:27).
3. Fears and anxieties are born when we attempt to carnally respond to a righteous expectation or when we can’t trust in the ability of the Lord to bring to pass what He promised. And they would always cost us the peace of our heart (Phil. 4:6-7, Jam. 1:6-8).
4. One of the counsels of the Lord that we easily fail to keep by each hour or decision-making process, is that of taking no thought from this world or for our lives (Matt. 6:24-34). We lose life by doing so and limit ourselves from inching closer to a new season where we can’t take thoughts from this world (1Jn. 2:1-15).
5.The act and art of taking thoughts from this world or for tomorrow would continue until we understand what it means to die daily or until we – above all – seek grace and wisdom to surrender our lives daily (1Cor. 15:31, Lk. 2:40).
6. A believer can hardly imagine how far sin separated man from his maker except he finds grace to draw close to the Lord like he never previously did or imagined (Jam. 4:8). And while doing so, we would be given the honour of wrestling and overcoming different ranks of fallen spirits – like some in the early church did (Eph. 6:12).
7. If the Lord hasn’t been able to show us over time, the things we once sought or still seek at the expense of acquiring the life called Christ; then, we are still entangled in this world, we haven’t begun our departure from iniquity and we most likely would end up coming short of inheriting eternal life (Deu. 8:2, Heb. 11:39, 1Jn. 2:25).
8. Anxieties and fears can tag along our expectations from the Lord – as long as we lack an absolute trust in what the Lord has said concerning it. But as we acknowledge or discern the truth concerning such expectations, we will not only overcome such fears but would receive our heart desires – in the Lord’s way and time (Phil. 4:11-13, Tit. 1:1).
You may pls share with those who may be inspired likewise.
I am so blessed and my spirit is refreshed by this.
Thank you, Pastor Tayo Fasan.