The following is another attempt to use the goggle of Christ’s Faith to weigh all conversation and filter all thoughts under the sun.
1. We have heard of UN or G8 socio-economic and business meetings on how to improve economies or bring “peace” to the nations of the earth, and of companies’ annual retreat overseas/major entrepreneurial meetings at Starbucks etc; but one meeting that has and that would yet be convened by men of no reputation in the eyes of this world, is one where the audience would be acquainted with how saints would receive the dominion of the kingdom, be conformed to the new heavens, and how the earth and present heavens would be folded like a garment (Isa. 34:4/Heb. 1:10:12/Rev. 21:2-3/22-23)
2. One of the first major milestone or miracle of the New Testament, is the discernment of a lifelong need to keep coming to the waters to drink; to eat with our ears, or to hear until we become Christ or until He cuts covenant with us. The next is to acknowledge the lifelong need for the Holy Ghost to supervise the dealings, training, lessons and leading of faith, and to courageously embrace it until the Lord cuts an everlasting covenant of mercy with us or ushers us into His sure mercy (Ps. 62:11/Isa. 55:1-3/Rev. 3:7)
3. When a believer who is called to inherit eternal life, desires a carnal or spiritual blessing from the Lord, He must be ready to be patient with the Lord because He would always consult with His ongoing soul-saving programme. The Lord would check how that request(s) fits into His workings in the Church; how it bothers on the ecosystem of the saints, and how such aligns with or affects those tied to the person’s loins – biologically and/or spiritually (Ps. 74:12/1Cor. 10:23/2Pet. 3:18)
4. One thing the revelation of Christ does, is that, it always keeps us in check by giving us a revelation of ourselves; of who we really are before Him or outside the sight of men; who we are not and why we think that way; where we fetch such thoughts from, and how the enemy subtly gave/gives us the thoughts we think of ourselves – which do not threaten or confront the world
5. One way to approach our needs unlike unbelievers and carnal believers do, or of taming the anxiety that comes from cares of this present life, is to confidently whisper with an understanding that says, “my heavenly Father knows that I have need of these things—and has offered me much more in His Kingdom” (Lk. 12:30-32/18:29-30, Phil. 4:6,11-13,18).
6. If the increase of material goods/blessings of this present world can tamper with a believers hunger for righteousness, or can satisfy his soul, then that soul is spiritually unhealthy – and the gold of the present has favourably competed with the gold that Christ, via His Faith, has to offer such. That soul was either never hot or cold, or has become lukewarm. (Rev. 3:16-18/3Jn. 1:1/1Per. 1:7/Ps. 19:10)
7. We believed in Jesus when we got born again, but couldn’t have surrendered our souls (our ways and thoughts) to Him then, or even decades afterwards for many, because doing so entails receiving what He called “my word” or being taught His secrets until He appears in us; until we acknowledge it as our true life. (Isa. 55:9-11/Rom. 16:25-26/1Cor. 2:7/Eph. 3:3-9/Col. 1:26-28/2:2/3:1-2).
8. The system that would make men busy over decades – with legitimate activities and cares that keep them off the feasts of the Son and Father (i.e of eternal life), was meticulously designed by the god of this world and perfected over various millennia, and nothing but the wisdom of the new creation (i.e. of Christ) can help us discern and beat it. As we do, we would see the futility of the its wisdom and glory. (1Kg 20:38-40/Lk. 14:16-20/1Cor. 2:6-8)
9. When like father Abraham, David, Paul, You and I; we go through afflictions, God is not starving the pure aspect of Christ’s life that we have acquired. Rather, He is purging us of yet another measure of life that wasn’t born of Him, that might have escaped previous trials or that hasn’t been sentenced to death by fiery trials; one that limits us from being a perfect man in Christ and/or in God. One that either limits us from being united by faith (in Christ) or from experiential knowledge of Him as The Son of God. (Eph. 4:13/1 John 5:20)
10. The Lord has the exclusive right to lead each believer in ways that are past finding out! He can bless one with a business that has so much financial strength and bless another with a business with limited increase over years, while the latter may have had a greater opportunity of learning and appreciating in the attributes of meekness, forbearance etc., which he dearly needs to finish his course. So to judge righteous judgment here is to appraise such endeavour by how much salvation our soul would end up harnessing from it (Jn. 7:24/Isa. 11:3/1Sam. 16:7).
Pst, Tayo Fasan
Kindly share if blessed/inspired to do so
Leave a Reply