… A Brief Appraisal On The Name of The Holy Ghost, The Son & The Father
One of my healthy habits has been to fellowship in various ways with those going through tough times, and in doing so lately, I found a counsel that should someday cause a colossal loss to the enemy. It came in these golden words from the Lord who comforted a servant of his by saying, “I share in every pain you go through during tough times – I am with you in it all the way! Interestingly, the Lord didn’t change the situation in question here but rather, multiplied grace and peace unto his soul by causing him to grow through it. What an understanding that should see us profit from trials perhaps 500% much more than we have previously done!
Faith in the Lord Jesus (also called “your faith” in the epistles) remains a vital foundation for every believer. Here, believers should be exposed to THE NAME OF THE HOLY GHOST (the apostles doctrine – Acts 2:42/Heb. 6:1-2), experience the gifts of the Spirit, exercise love unto fellow saints, enjoy provisions surrounding our redemptive rights and privileges which includes the healing of our outward man, material provisions etc. So without an enlightenment of the eyes of the understanding (Eph. 1:17-18) of a believer here, he can generate the exploits of the outer court with the above milky provision of the name of the Holy Ghost. Believers here are yet to sight (discern) or experience the needed childlike conversion of Matt. 18:3/Lk. 22:31-32 which is needed for entrance into the kingdom, and God’s response to this is for them to learn THE NAME (INHERITANCE) OF THE SON
- Matt. 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing (teaching) them in the name of the Father, and (the name) of the Son, and (the name) of the Holy Ghost:
For kingdom entrance(s) to be administered to such a believer, God would have to interrupt the above “user friendly” season of faith with a process-driven faith that offers a far better quality of hope (of the gospel), Faith and love. Here, the ability of a believer to quickly claiming answers from scriptures “seems to cease” because God is introducing him to an unknown and a superior order of relating with the present world i.e. THE NAME OF THE SON. Here, God wants to give us the actual spiritual blessings of Abraham and takes us through the process he took Abraham through. God therefore uses our so-called delays to separate us from the timing (race) of this present world and also employs the limitations that came via the fall of man (pain, lack, losses, tears, sicknesses and sorrow) to starve us of what we inherited from the first Adam (disobedience). Then alone can we bear Christ’s name/faith before men and also fully partake of what he received from God on our behalf – i.e. divine life/power and divine love/nature (Jn. 1:10/2Pet. ;1:4/1Jn. 4:8)
- Acts 9:15-16 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name (Christ’s Faith/Life) before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name’s sake.
- Heaven approved and supervised sufferings (delays/denials) is another synonym for Christ’s faith, such that always end its subscribers in a superior Glory to that of Adam before the fall.
- Matt. 10:22 And ye shall be hated (despised) of all men (who secretly or openly love this world) for my name’s sake (Christ’s faith): but he that endures to the end (of faith – 1Pet. 1:9) shall be saved (i.e. salvation of the soul).
- Matt. 19:29 And every one (while walking contrary to the course of this world) that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name’s sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
- While journeying to prove our primarily loyalty to God, the Lord would teach us his faith by leading us contrary to the many legitimate arrangements of the present life which the course of this world thrives on.
- As we submit to such leading of the Spirit, we obey his Faith, disobey the programme of sin, inherit his life, overcome this world and prepare to overcome the devil (Rom. 16:26d/Acts 26:18e/1Jn. 5:4)
So when a believer is being weaned (Isa. 28:9) from the common definitions of faith held by majority in the church, he embraces the discipline of waiting upon the Lord(Isa. 40:31) which primarily isn’t the act of fasting but the life-long art of learning what informed Christ’s walk from his teenage years until he overcame the world at Jordan (Matt. 4/Lk. 4) – an adventure that delights the father. This is where we are meant to trade the limitations in strength of our initial faith for that of God’s unlimited strength – The Christ’s Power! (2Cor. 12:9). Our response(s) to these dealings determines if we are BELIEVING BELIEVERS (Jn 8:31-32) or CARNAL BELIEVERS (1Cor. 3:1-3/Rom. 8:5)
While we are being taught THE NAME (INHERITANCE) OF THE SON which is also THE FAITH OF THE SON, the Lord reaches out to the vacuums in our souls that is meant to be ultimately filled with righteousness, peace and Joy. Through this tutorial, the Lord satisfies and renews our youth (strength) like that of the eagle, causes us to fellowship with various riches of his grace and prepares us for THE NAME (INHERITANCE) OF FATHER – where we ought to fulfill the prophesy of us being a people unto him and him being our God (Exo. 29:45/Jer. 31:33/2Cor. 6:16/Rev. 21:3).
- 2Cor. 6:16 … as God hath said, I will (future tense) dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will (future tense) be their God, and they shall (future tense) be my people.
- Rev.21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall (future tense) be his people, and God himself shall be (future tense) with them, and be (future tense) their God.
Many Israelites (children of God meant to become a people of God) fell short of a type of the great and precious promise that has been set before us, typifying how not a few in the church age would also fall short of becoming sons of God, but some must enter into this great rest (Heb. 1-6). May the latter be our portion, Amen!