… An Appraisal On The Commitment of Sons To Hating Vanity
God in his originality once planted truth in Eden and later watched in wisdom as the enemy planted vanity to compete against the promise and hope that the tree of life had to offer. Man’s life by default would hinge and swing on the pendulum of hope that was set before it, so man at any point in time “T” is either observing vanity or fighting with every resource at his disposal to be permanently free from vanity! WHAT PUZZLES ME HOWEVER IS HOW GOD CAN USE VANITY (THINGS THAT PERISH WITH THE USE) TO SAVE US FROM VANITY (OUR VAIN NATURE).
- 2Cor. 13:8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth
i.e. Adam’s decision to despise God’s offer of originality and introduce vanity into the human race only ended up serving the course of truth in a unique way. Vanity became God’s enemy (Jam. 4:4b/1Jn. 2:15); one that every believer must be set free from/overcome (Jn. 8:32/1Jn. 5:4)
- Rom. 8:20-21 For the creature was made subject to vanity , not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption (the goal of vanity) into the glorious liberty (the goal of truth) of the children of God.
i.e. Christ became the hope of every man (Col. 1:27) that desires to be delivered from vanity so he can be presented unto Glory (the father)
God is the father of truth, and the only way he adopts our souls into truth is through the good fight of Faith; the fight against vanity, the fight to handle originality (the riches of His grace/good things of the kingdom). 2Cor. 13:8 reveals that nothing can be done against anyone who is fighting vanity; one who has come under the fatherhood of God to attain the nature of truth.
Disappointments and contradictions of the present life would come our way when we God is separating us from the world, but it would only further us in our course to inherit the gospel – conversation of the Faith of the Son (Gen. 50:20/Phil. 1:12). Believers who go through this transition are the potential precious stones of Zion whom Paul was referring to in Rom. 8:28; those unto whom all things work together for their good.
- Rom. 8:28 And we know that all things (i.e. things that fight those who have engaged the Faith of God’s elects: tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or hunger, or nakedness, or peril, or things present, or things that are yet to come) work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
As this scripture comes alive in us, we would supernaturally live from within, remain focused and full of Joy, because we are on the path to being enriched with God’s “all things” – God’s righteous judgments (Matt. 3:15/Jn. 3:35/5:22) which would qualify us for our initial entrance (1Cor. 11:13d/Heb. 10:32/Rev. 1:9/2:9) and our full entrance (1Cor. 11:13e/2Pet. 1:11/Rev. 3:8 /) into the kingdom is God. This is where the laws of God (His Faith and His Love) become natural to us like the laws of vanity once was.
- 1Cor. 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things (the judgments governing his life) which God hath prepared for them that love him
- Rom. 8:6-7 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace (i.e. the journey from the beginning of faith to the end of faith where carnality is expired). Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be
- Mal. 2:5 My covenant was with him (priests) of life and peace; and I gave them to him for the fear wherewith he feared me, and was afraid before my name (i.e. high regard for faith life).
God is raising priests according to the order of the New Testament, and he is reconciling them unto himself by giving them access to His LIFE (where they’ll live by the light of Christ’s Faith) and to His peace (where they’ll finish their faith course and certify their hatred for vanity). Through their holy place experience of Christ’s Faith, they will fetch all judgments (eyes) and receive the much needed fortification to head for the most holy place – the realm of God’s Love, fullness and glory.
We are all surrounded by vanity (things that perish with the use), but it takes the wisdom God revealed in Christ Jesus for us to be saved from the grip of such things. Wisdom helps us here by saying, “God reserves the right to dictate how, where, when and what we do with everything material that comes our way”
- 1Cor. 7:31 And they that use (have dealings with) this world, as not abusing it (i.e as though they don’t): for the fashion of this world passes away.
i.e. The goal of this world/vanity is to cause us to be vain and pass away like things do and the only escape route is to esteem things that cannot be seen over things that can be seen!
- 1Jn. 2:17 And the world passes away, and the lust thereof: but he that does the will of God abides forever.
i.e. Doing the will of God is doing what God reveals that empower us to walk contrary to vanity, and this entails living by the judgments He once committed to His Son – the judgments of His Faith and of His Love
Many pulpits, in the name of “deliverance”, have embarked on a war against soul-saving processes, trials and dealings that God employs in separating a believer from vanity/the world. Communities of believers are thereby being denied of intimately knowing Jesus as The Truth and as The Christ (Matt. 16:16/1Jn. 5:1) and of knowing the Father of Truth and of Glory (Eph. 1:17). THIS HAS BEEN THE MOST DELICATE REASON WHY GOD’S MANY MEMBERED SONS HAVE NOT BEEN BUILT UP TO MANIFEST GOD’S DIVINE LIFE AND GOD’S DIVINE LOVE.
- Rom. 8:18-18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time (the delays, trials, contradictions and afflictions employed by The Son) are not worthy to be compared with the glory (being crowned with The Father) which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creature (i.e. those influenced and/or captivated by the principles of this world) waits for the manifestation of the sons of God.
The manifestations of the sons of God would cease to be a mere subject or theme in our day and generation! It would be embodied by believing believers who are committed to loving not this world or the things that are of the world (1Jn. 2:15). May we not be spectators but participators thereof, Amen.