… AN APPRAISAL ON NEW DEFINITIONS OF GOOD & EVIL
Have you noticed with concern, the unhealthy consciousness and the alarming reference of “making money” from believers today? Have you seen how men justify (Lk. 16:15) their pursuits of things that perish with the use (vanity) at the expense of things that endures forever (righteousness)? Have you seen how the hearts of many are failing them for fear of economic turmoil and the uncertainties of this present life as prophesied over 2,000 yrs ago (Lk. 21:26Heb. 12:27)? All these is because hearts are yet to be anchored on the hope of the gospel, and so the hope of this world continue to motivate men’s actions and inactions.
- Lk. 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
- Matt. 15:8 This people (faithless generation) draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoreth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me (Faith)
- Lk. 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed (including mammon) among men is abomination in the sight of God.
The soul (inward ma) is the womb of man and it’s a carrier of seeds; be it an evil seed (that generates contrary to faith), or a corruptible seed (seeds, words or promises that can’t withstand or overcome corruption but can generate the lies of good reports seen in Heb. 11: 2-39b), or an incorruptible seed (seeds, words, promises with the potential of overcoming corruption – sin and death). The incorruptible seed contains the DNA of Faith and Love and guarantees that we lay hold of the promise of eternal life (Heb. 11:39c-40/1Jn. 2:25).
- So the destiny of a well-watered good seed is to be a good tree that should end up clearly interpreting the two natures and measures of life – God’s Good Life (FAITH) and God’s Divine Life (LOVE).
- The destiny of any other kind of seed that ends up being wrongly watered by winds of doctrines (teachings within and without the church that can’t bring a soul into Christ) is a corrupt tree (Matt. 12:33-34) – and not a few believers have become victims of this today.
Our Lord Jesus rejected the judgment with which the young, rich ruler called him good because he lacked knowledge of eternal life (i.e. God’s Faith/God’s Love). His judgment could make him rich/become a ruler at a young age, but that same judgment was at enmity with entrance into the kingdom (Mk. 10:17-24/Rom. 8:7). SO JESUS DOES NOT TRUST JUDGMENTS EMANATING FROM ANYONE WHO HASN’T FED ON ETERNAL LIFE AND HE DOESN’T COUNT SUCH SOUL AS GOOD! Eternal life is the only true and certain riches before God
What makes a believer good in the New Testament definition of “good” is not his works or carnal sacrifices (his offerings, service, alms etc), because carnal believers and unbelievers that mock or despise God excel here.
A good soul is one that has moved from the realm of sacrifices (his faith), to a place where he can delightfully live by the demands of the incorruptible seed (word or promise); i.e. live by the true light of Christ’s faith. This is want our Lord Jesus wants to see in us whenever he visits the earth (Lk. 18:8). This is what should fashion our hearts to become a dwelling place for him (Eph. 3:17), in preparation for his father to join him there (Jn. 14:21/23).
- 1Cor. 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing (i.e. it doesn’t translate to the inheritance called divine life).
We must move from the realm of sacrifices (our faith/holiness – where we share and use the same light with unbelievers and carnal believers – the outer court), to the realm of obedience (Christ’s faith/holiness – where we use the illumination of the Spirits of the Lord) where we would be prepared to hearken (God’s Love/holiness – where the glory of God illuminates our souls) like we see typified in glorious cherubs (Ps. 103:20)
- 1Sam. 15:22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey (faith realm) is better than sacrifice, and to hearken (love realm) than the fat of rams.
The hope of the gospel is to make us good; to make us much more precious than Gold in God’s sight (Isa. 13:12/1Pet. 1:7). Yielding to it puts in us the incorruptible elements of divine life and divine nature which made Jesus Good in God’s sight! It promises to make us holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and ultimately made compatible with the new heavens (Heb 1:9/d7:26/Rev. 21:2/10)
- Matt. 12:33 Either make (the process of learning and unlearning thronic things) the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
God (Love) wants us to gain mastery of the world of His Son – the powers (faith) of the world to come (Rev. 1:4); and this takes place as we learn the divine secrets that He taught His beloved Son Jesus. Thereby would we become his brethren; fellows of Faith and of love (Heb. 1:9/2:11-12). Good men are made when Christ has preached himself (what makes him glad) to them and may this be our portion, amen.
Leave a Reply