… AN APPRAISAL ON THE RESPONSE OF SONS TO WARFARE WITHIN AND WITHOUT
The greatest battle of all ages wasn’t the First or Second World War, neither would it be the anticipated third world war! Those were battles inspired by the lusts for power around nations which was supervised by wicked spirits in high places. The greatest battle takes place within the soul of man daily; the fight to allow God’s light find an entrance into the soul while simultaneously disallowing the influx of darkness in whatever form it takes, whether it comes “in the name of Christianity”, philosophy, religion, intellectualism or humanism.
- Jam. 4:1-2 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members? Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
- 1Tim. 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
In Eden, God gave man His Commandment to help him harness His Life. God wanted to raise a beautiful work of art; a masterpiece that would be wrought by His Faith so man could transcend time. Through the unwillingness of Adam, man despised the place of process (trials) which was needed to bring him into God’s inheritance, but God proved his unfathomable commitment to man(A) by typifying in Father Abraham, the process (dealings) that would see to the completion of the faith project in man. God later perfected it for the first time in the man Christ Jesus.
- Eph. 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good (faith) works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them
- Simply put, our daily conversation is meant to interpret the Faith (life) in God like Jesus did
So by keeping or despising God’s commandment, every flesh (soul) has a God given opportunity to receive either of two kind of works – the works of God (His Faith/His Love), or that of the devil (Sin/Death). A good question to ask would now be, “how did Jesus destroy the works of the devil”? HE DID SO BY HIS WALK; BY DOING ONLY WHAT HIS FATHER REVEALED TO HIM NOT BY HIS NATURAL SENCES(B) AND THIS IS THE CURRICULUM CALLED THE NEW TESTAMENT.
GOD HAS THEREFORE CONTINUED TO RAISE HIS SERVANTS INTO THE FIVE-FOLD MINISTRY TO GRACEFULLY TEACH BELIEVERS HOW TO OBEY FAITH BECAUSE THIS IS THE KEY TO UNDOING OR DESTROYING THE WORKS OF THE DEVIL (DISOBEDIENCE) IN THE CHURCH.
- 1Jn. 3:8 He that committeth sin (i.e. habitually) is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
God didn’t ask the patriarchs, Moses, Elisha, David to overcome the devil because there was no model of an overcomer for them to learn from and walk likewise. But He has called us to overcome the devil because we can now behold Christ Jesus who through His obedience to the God’s commandment of Faith and Love completely received God in his flesh – like many other sons would before the close of this age!
So it is clear, that wherever and whenever the Son of God is being made manifest (unveiled/revealed/taught), the works of the devil (darkness induced disobedience) is being destroyed. This was the key (secret) Jesus handed over to the disciples which they later operated after coming into the liberty/knowledge of truth; i.e. when the Faith of the Son of God became operational in them.
- Matt. 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven…
- “Upon this rock” refers to Vs. 16; upon the revelation or unveiling of The Christ – the Son of the living God
- “I will” is a future tense, because that would only take place after they have been matured by the revelations of Christ – starting with Pauline light (the light of His Faith that overcomes sin) and then John’s light (the light of His Love that overcome death)
- “Gates of hell” are men/sons of disobedience who through their trafficking with sin, perverted their nature and attained a stature in disobedience that can hate Christ’s Faith like the Pharisees, Scribes and priests once did
Men, primarily from within and around the church (like in the days of Jesus), would fight the revelation of Christ’s Faith which is gradually visiting the corporate Church today with an unusual intensity. Some of such men were previously exposed to the way of righteousness(C) but would turn like wolves (in sheep clothing) to attack this message. We must hasten to receive Christ’s Faith and God’s Love which would lead to the enemy’s undoing within us and without us.
A (Ps. 8:4/Rom. 5:6Heb. 2:6). B (Isa. 11:3/Rom. 8:6-7). C (2Pet. 2:21).
Leave a Reply