… AN APPRAISAL on THE INFERIORITY OF INVENTIONS and THE SUPERIORITY OF THE LIFE THAT WASN’T INVENTED
There is a thumb rule in the realm of the Spirit that goes thus; “THINGS THAT CAN BE SIGHTED BY THE NATURAL EYES OR PERCEIVED BY EARTHLY MINDS IS INFERIOR TO THINGS UNSEEN”! So the true blessings of God for man has always been kept beyond the reach man’s natural sight, smell, feel, touch or taste and also beyond the reach of faithful angels.
- 2Cor. 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
Scriptures attest that the present earth is but a desolate wilderness(A), apparently when compared with the Eden where Adam once inhabited. Corruption(B) has reshaped everything and it remains stronger than anything the natural eyes can see or touch. The only exception to this is if such a thing or person has been exposed to the power of resurrection; the Power of God(C).
- Heb. 1:10-11 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning (i.e. The Word/second person of the Godhead who later became Jesus) hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands (God’s invention): They shall perish (i.e. the earth and the heavens that believers want to “make it to” shall ultimately perish – 2Pet. 3:7); but thou remainest (i.e. the Lord and His enduring nature of righteousness which we are meant to love and seek); and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
- Prov. 8:22-23 The LORD (God) possessed me (Wisdom/The Word) in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
So no invention from any field of endeavor is actually new under the sun(D). Inventions seam to make up for or compete with what Adam’s glory once catered for in Eden, but inventions only have a type of glory that is likable to that of grasses, which today is but tomorrow is not(E). God’s gift to help man’s lack of glory is a person; the sun of righteousness from whence true light that is sweet to the eyes(F), true healing and enduring newness flows!(G)
- Ps. 103:15-16 As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth. For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more. (i.e. This is the lot of any carnal man/believer that does not strive to overcome the force of corruption)
Inventions no doubt are products of the ingenuity of the wisdom of man which Apostle Paul counselled us not to rest our faith in, but rather, in the Power of God(H). Inventions come from a God-given kind of wisdom which would always be inferior to the wisdom of God (Christ); whom alone we are to seek as choice gold and as our choicest desire(I)
God wisely counsels us to use inventions but relate with such as though we don’t possess it(J) so that it doesn’t consume our passion, devotion, strength, might or heart(k). Inventions are only for the present earth but don’t qualify as our possession(L). If we despise this counsel, we would someday lament like Solomon and experience prolonged vexation of spirit(M), which characterize the lives of many famous or vain men
- 1Cor. 7:31 (KJV)And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away
- 1Cor. 7:31 (NLT) Those who use the things of the world should not become attached to them. For this world as we know it will soon pass away
As believers, God expects us to attain the birth of our soul (N) by completing the process of being born of God(O).
- This process is a glorious experience that takes place as we walk worthy of the New Testament Faith profession which was hid for generations but revealed through the Gospel of Christ.
- This experience would raise us beyond the sight, reach and power of corruption, to a place where we would end up agreeing with God that as great as inventions are, they are actually to be treated like toys – which we should outgrow!
God has called us to seek an inheritance; a life that was never invented! He has and would continue to bless men with wisdom for witty inventions, but believers must be ready to treat them like God treats the works of His hands – “i.e. don’t be attached to them” like God is so unattached to heaven that he wants to “leave heaven”(P) and indwell men that have been decked with true riches/eternal glory.
- Ps. 113:6 Who humbleth himself to behold the things that are in heaven, and in the earth! (i.e. heaven can’t really contain God who has since longed for many more abodes/abiding places that are compatible with that of Jesus and His Holy Apostles)
- Jn 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. i.e. keeping the commandments of Christ’s Faith(Q) and His Father’s Love(R) are the two secrets that would make us become a mobile throne on earth; even God’s tabernable(S)
- Rev. 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
A (Isa. 14:17). B (2Cor. 1:4). C (Rom. 1:16-17/Rom.8:11). D (Eccl. 1:9). E (Ps. 103: 15-16). F (Eccl. 11:7). G (Mal. 4:2). H (1Cor. 2:5). I (Prov. 8:10-11). J (11Cor. 7:31). K (Lk. 10:27). L (Lk. 12:15/21:19). M (Eccl. 1:14/17). N (1Pet. 1:23/Jam. 1:23). O (Jn. 3:5/1Jn. 3:9/4:7/1Jn. 5:1/5:18/Rev. 12:11). P. (Isa. 66:1-2). Q. (Acts 26:18e/Eph. 3:17). R. (1Jn. 4:7/16). S (Eze. 37:27/2Cor. 6:16/Rev. 21:3b)
Leave a Reply