… AN APPRAISAL ON THE URGENT NEED FOR A MINIMUM MASTERS DEGREE IN GOD’S FAITH.
Once upon a time, Adam as the king of the earth never considered the need to mine any of the good gold or the precious stones (bdellium or Onyx) of Havilah. At birth, he had the faith of the living soul but before he could inherit the very nature of God’s life(A), he would need to fight the good fight of faith while learning God’s faith, like Jesus did from the age of 12 to 30! Only then would he have become skillfully experienced in the faith of a quickening Spirit(B) and have grown in spiritual wisdom needed to overcome the wisdom of the world that was warehoused in that evil tree.
- Rev. 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcomes (by the faith of the Son) will I give to eat of the tree of life (God’s fullness), which is in the midst of the paradise of God. (i.e. the qualification to come into God’s fullness or become a love-fellow comes ONLY after overcoming the world with God’s faith provision (C)
- 1Jn. 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory (faith) that overcomes the world, even our faith (i.e. the faith we must inherit and overcome with while on earth –Acts 20:32/26:18, Eph. 1:14/18/Tit. 1:3/3:7, 1Pet. 1:4).
Adam, like some believers today, knew the costly demands of being yoked(D) with the patience, longsuffering, temperance, love etc that accompanies the learning of God’s faith! So his choice to adventure the ‘promises’ and ‘prospects’ that the devil promoted wasn’t an oversight. Apostle Paul by the spirit deduced that he transgressed God’s law (E), and this is the same way some believers today would rather linger with the faith that can claim things than the faith that can cause them to inherit God.
- Jam. 4:7 Therefore to him that knows to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
And so God had to wait for some 4,000 years before he could raise and teach the last Adam (Jesus) the essence His of faith. He could only typify the dealings of His faith through prophets, kings and righteous men in the old testament and the best of his converts was John the Baptist(F) who could only come close to Adamic faith.
So as far as God is concerned, the problem of believers and pastors in the church today is not our lack of money, miraculous power e.t.c. but our lack of dominion over sin which is an after effect of not learning or being established in Christ’s Faith – i.e. God’s Faith. When we do – and as we ought to, we would then understand what Apostle Paul meant by fighting the good fight of faith or fighting to keep the faith commandment that streams only from Jesus voice(G). Then would we gradually lay hold of the faith allocation of eternal life(H) – like we once held the sinful allocation of death(I)
- Acts 22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee (Paul), that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One (Christ Jesus), and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.
- 1Tim. 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
In God’s great mercies, I found myself settling for the hearing of this faith sometime in 2002 when I identified with one of the fountains that has raised in this last days to teach His Son’s faith. Though this faith has been branded as ‘earthly irrelevant’ to carnal minds till date, I found grace to courageously ‘enroll’ for what I would call a ‘first degree’ in the faith of God’s elect; the faith of the Son of God (J).
So far, I have spent most evenings and weekends learning of this precious faith, and 15 years afterwards, I still look forward to the day when heaven would certify me a graduate of this curriculum of the Spirit so I can subsequently enroll for a ‘master’s degree’ in this same blessed profession that our Lord Jesus personally oversees(k). Like Apostle Paul, I hope to someday arrive at the junction called the end of faith(L) where I would be saved enough in my soul to be elected as a love-fellow, where i also hope to earn my ‘PHD’ in God’s love.
- 1Tim. 1:5 The goal (end) of this command is love (God’s love), which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith (Christ’s faith).
- 1Jn. 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship (i.e. the fellowship of lovers like Apostle John) is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
May this be our portion in the season ahead and may we receive great grace to patiently seek for the glory and honor that has been predestined for sons, so we can ultimately fulfil our high calling to become fellows of God’s love (i.e. partake of immortality). Amen.
- Rom. 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life (i.e. glory/honor and immortality are the faith and love allocations of eternal life)
A (Rev. 2:7). B (1Cor. 15:45/Isa. 11:3a). C (1Tim. 6:12/1Jn. 5:4). D (Matt. 11:28-29). E (1Tim. 2:14). F (Matt. 11:11). G (1Tim. 6:12/Acts 22:14). H (1Tim. 3:9). I (Ps. 24:4). J (Tit. 1:1/Gal. 2:20). K (Heb. 3:1). L (1Pet. 1:9)