… AN APPRAISAL OF THE ANATOMY OF SIN AND DEATH AND THE RESPONSE OF GOD’S SONS TO THIS.
The tree (knowledge) that God commanded Adam and all men till date not to eat of, has two cancerous manifestations called “good” and “evil”. The three-fold mission statement of this tree is to steal, kill and destroy(A) while that of the tree of life is two-fold; to give life (i.e. bring man into God’s faith) and give it more abundantly (i.e. bring man into God’s love).
- Prov. 16:25 There is a way (the appeal of sin) that seems right (“good”) unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death (“evil”).
- Jn. 10:10 The thief comes not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly
The “good” aspect of this tree houses the captivities and sedatives for loving this world(B); the lusts of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life, all of which are primarily designed to limit us from becoming God’s begotten sons – because it takes a well-developed son(C) to please the father very well(D). The “evil” aspect of that tree is meant to perfect a soul that sin has reigned over(E) and cause it to ultimately and consciously hate God(F)!
- 1Jn. 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
- Rev. 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. 16:11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not (a state called second death/the death of the soul) of their deeds.
So any believer or pastor, who is yet to learn what Jesus learnt of from the age of 12 to 30 can’t understand what it takes to overcome the “good” aspect this tree i.e. the faith of the Son of God! Jesus gained the stature of A SON OF GOD’S FAITH through the denials and dealings of God that he endured from age 12 to 30. That was where he completed the learning of God’s faith (life) which was later christened “MY FAITH”(G). It was through this order of faith that Jesus proved his superiority over this world(H) by overcoming the prince/god of this world. (Pls see Matt. 4:3-10)
1Jn. 5:4 calls this faith “OUR FAITH”, because it has been kept as an inheritance for saints that should inherit soul salvation or eternal salvation(I). As we keep the faith of Christ(J), we would overcome the dominion mandate of the “good” aspect of that tree. Then we would qualify to journey to the uttermost(K) where we would be certified by heaven as trees of righteousness(L) and fathers of life(M) that have overcome the fullness of evil (Satan personified).
- Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan (sin/death) unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins (i.e. remission by receiving the riches of God’s grace – Eph. 1:7), and inheritance among them which are sanctified (i.e. separated from the world) by faith that is in me (Christ).
- Gal. 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh (like sin once did) I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
God has longed to see his son Jesus crowned with many more sons for centuries now, and a company of believing believers in various nations are rising up to this crucial need of the father! God was once excited to see His faith in full operation for the first time in the man Christ Jesus, and that gave the devil the first knock out, after which he departed for a season(N). But due to Satan’s lust to steal, kill and destroy, he showed up through men over a period of 3 years and finally at Gethsemane where Jesus gave the final knockout blow to death – because He had completed his father’s 3-years love course. Christ has therefore abolished death, and brought light (good gift/God’s faith)(O) and immortality (perfect gift/God’s love)(P) to light by the gospel(Q).
This is the gospel Jesus inherited from the father, for you and I, and very soon, it would find its way into churches in all nations(R) and it would become the preeminent teaching and conversation. Amen.
- Matt. 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
A (1Jn. 10:10). B (1Jn. 2:15/Matt. 4:3-10). C (Heb. 12:5-7). D (Matt. 3:17). E (Rom. 5:21). F (2Pet. 2:21). G (Acts. 26:18e/Rev. 2:13). H (1Jn. 5:4). I (Heb. 1:14/2:3/7:25/9:15). J (Acts 26:16e/2Tim. 4:7Rev. 14:12). K (Heb. 7:25). L (Isa. 61:3). M (1Jn. 2:13-14). N (Lk. 4:13). O (Jam. 1:17). P. (Jam. 1:17). Q. (2Tim. 1:10). R. (Matt. 24:14)