Dearly Beloved Saints,
The following inspired thoughts were born while ruminating around the word of righteousness.
- The greatest threat or distraction to acquiring status in the spirit or to acquiring a stature in righteousness will mostly come from(legitimate) things that can give an earthly status to a natural man; things not born out of revelation; even things that a natural man savors above the things of God (Matt. 16:23).
- The only enduring prescription for dealing with the cares of life and thereby focusing on our ultimate inheritance (eternal life), is by consistently and bountifully sowing our time and resources to our future; even Christ (Matt. 6:21). Christ is an economy of unending grace that enables us handle the natural like a regular cash flow never can (1Tim. 5:17-19).
- Thoughts that trouble the peace of any man who isn’t seeking after Christ as his inheritance, even those who should thereby nurse a hope to arrive in God (glory), have one source: this world (Col. 2:8). And the only thing that can unseat such images from our souls, is the knowledge of the truth concerning Christ and God (1Tim. 2:4, 2Cor. 10:5).
- There are expensive transactions around this present life; especially in the realm of comfort, pleasure and power, that a rich man can handle because he has adequate monetary resources to do so (Eccl. 10:19). So also, in the world to come, there are conversations that border on the realm of glory, that a believer won’t be able to embark on, if (while on earth) his soul didn’t acquire adequate riches of Christ (Phil. 4:19, Rev. 21:23-24).
- The soul of man has been designed in a way and manner that, it can only appreciate in state (status) by beholding things that are not seen; things kept in the face of Jesus Christ (2Cor. 3:18/4:18). And so, whenever we behold things contrary or inferior, our eyes would either feast on our ourselves, on things or on men. We would be wrongly enlightened (by darkness) and would taste
(spiritual) death (Gen. 3:2-7, Rom. 8:6).
- Before we found grace to come across truths concerning Christ, our soul was carnally arranged and enlightened with darkness; even in ways that might not have put up a fight against the Lord or caused us to draw back from Him, but it definitely would in subsequent seasons if we haven’t yielded to the light or commandments of faith meant to treat such infirmities (Ps. 18:28, Jn. 12:46, Heb. 10:38-39).
- No man has ever come up with a plan for the salvation of His soul. Rather, generations of men (believers) have either come
up with a plan against it (by being ignorant or indifferent to it) or have found grace to learn and endure the faith dealings (experiences) that should lead to it (1Pet. 1:9). Soul salvation is exclusively God’s plan. Who we really are would be determined thereby; whether or not we would live by His divine power (Christ) and thereby inherit His divine nature (Rom. 1:16, Jn. 1:12,
You may share if inspired by this new series.