The following is another attempt to use the goggle of Faith to weigh various inspired thoughts, on another blessed day.
1. What men/many believers today call “life”, is a totally different concept of life from what our Lord Jesus lived by and called life (Phil. 1:21). The life that Jesus overcame (i.e. sin/this world) is what we – like Adam and Eve – have been wrongly exposed to; and now call life (Gen. 3:4-7). It is a pleasant-looking, self-seeking life that only lasts for a season; a civilization that came from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Heb. 11:25). What the Lord Christ Jesus, via the New Testament branded as life, stems from the tree of life; and it is designed to make man as good as God is; even via the consistent unveiling of the gospel (Matt. 5:48/19:17).
2. Our Lord Jesus and Paul, rightly appraised the devil as the prince or god of this world; even one who has since designed this world in a way/manner that we can’t – with human wisdom or intellectual acumen – profit from it without that profiting coming at a cost to our soul (Jn. 14:30, Matt. 16:26). We can’t escape the sword of sin while dealing with this world like the ungodly/carnal believers do. We would always lose some measure of life or strength in our soul when we do so (1Cor. 7:31). Only by the principle of living that was authorized by Christ for use in man’s flesh, can we beat this world and its god (Gal. 2:20, 1Jn. 5:4).
3. One millennial old wisdom that generations of men have fallen for, is believing that the world can ever give anything to anyone for free. Even most products and services that claim to give “freebies”, have a string attached or hidden clauses/policies/terms and conditions somewhere. There is always a hidden motive, detail, take away or payback somewhere. The gospel is the only thing that has been freely given to man; and that for the profiting of his soul; and it must also be freely given by men to others (Matt. 10:8, 1Cor. 9:18).
4. Some opponents of Rafael Nadal; 18th time grand slam title winner, have occasionally said, “Nadal will make you sweat to win a ball/point against him”. So also does the devil fight tooth and nail to ensure that our souls don’t profit from/take anything away from this world for free (1Tim. 6:7). Anyone who once loved this world or the things of this world, and who isn’t contending earnestly for the faith that can deliver his soul from the effect of that or from the siege this world has laid upon him, would remain a lawful captive (Isa. 49:24-25, Jude Vs 3d).
5. The world is a system that was created to keep men always busy with legitimate-looking cares of this present life; things that are always at the expense of making investments in the interest of their soul’s wellbeing (Lk. 14:17-20, 3Jn. 1:2). It keeps men/believers fighting every other battle but the good fight of faith; beating the air and running uncertain races; even until men resort to giving God their old bones (1Cor. 9:24-26). It has been wisely framed to ensure that we seek and know every other thing but the first/most important thing (i.e. God’s righteousness), which is meant to enable us manage all other things/knowledge that comes our way (Matt. 6:33, Luke 21:34).
You may pls share if inspired by this latest edition…