Looking Inward & Outward (with the goggle of Faith) – Part 45.
The following is another attempt to use the goggle of Faith to weigh and filter various thoughts in the course of another blessed day.
- Those whose goal in the nearest future is to build a house, buy a car, get married or own good investments, have it as their best wish, earnest desire or expectation. They invest their time and daily resources into it and also meditate/plan towards it. Those whose goal is to inherit eternal life or to sit on God’s throne shouldn’t do less. It should be our deepest daily longing, meditation and the main investment drive of our souls.
- The greatest need and vacancy, among any community of believers, is for those who will lay down their lives for their brethren; even those whose selfless use of time, money, prayers and strength, is geared towards the flourishing of eternal life. Such were those in the early Church who kept maximizing opportunities for the measurement of life, which they have received, to flow freely to others, thereby causing many to see the Lord’s goodness and mercy.
- One airtight biblical clause or commandment of faith and love that will separate a believer from what he shares in common with sinners, that also remits laws of sin in believers, is the Lord’s commandment to us, to love our enemies, to do good to those who hate us and to bless those who curse us (Lk. 6:35). Like our Lord Jesus, Steven and Paul, we must find grace to keep excusing men’s faults until we gain entrance(s) into the kingdom, as children of the most high (Matt. 5:39-42, Lk. 6:27-35, Rom. 13, Acts 7:60, 2Tim. 4:16).
- This present world is designed and anointed to keep even an anointed believer from keeping the commandments of life, which are ordained to make him live in God’s sight. So today, we have a generation of believers, who, like the young rich ruler, have ‘grace’ to keep everything else (tangible or intangible) but the commandment(s) of life or of Faith.
- Desiring or attempting to trust the Lord God with ALL our heart is totally different from doing otherwise. It was the trade secret of Jesus, and a privileged experience we should anticipate, while using every opportunity to trade the doing of our will daily – for His, especially, in seasons where we have the opportunity of having limited or no control of our lives; when we have truly ceased being the captain of the ship of our lives.
- No man can be christened by heaven as “blessed”, without fetching life from his obedience to the Faith and Love commandments of the Son and Father. So also can no believer, in the light of the New Testament, become a blessing to men, nations or to their generation, without firstly denying their former life (ungodliness), or without being led by the Spirit to a place where they receive the grace of the Lord to impact or serve their generation, according to the will of God – like Hebrews 11 saints and like various emissaries of the New Testament once did.
- One reason why the peace of God that surpasses all human understanding would remain strange to a believer, at a season when it shouldn’t, is because Christ hasn’t become the chief meditation of their soul and also the primary source of their contentment in life. When we seek Him like desperate men seek for money or power, we would keep finding Him until He becomes the main content and contentment of our souls.
- One litmus test of true dependence and trust in the Lord, is our ability to lean not on our own understanding, and to do so by seeking or waiting for His approval on major and minor issues of our lives. Most decisions that aren’t born in the place of prayers reinforced with patience, come at the expense of life to our souls. It causes us to unknowingly lose life by using our human strength at the expense of God’s grace. (Prov. 3:5-7).
- Most of the mistakes we ever made and still make, were and are as a result of judging with the eyes which sin offered and still offers us, which always seemed and seems right in our natural minds. On the contrary, the eyes or judgments of Christ’s Faith, even the faith of the epistles, are those born out of God’s righteousness, and as such, are always superior to those of this present world. They empowers us to obey/please the Father.
- There are many things about believers; even analysis of truth, about their past and future, that they would NEVER realize, if they don’t subscribe to the hearing and obeying of the God’s righteousness, which is revealed from one lesson of faith to faith. Also, there are limitations that accompanied man’s fall that a believer can NEVER be free from, but for the counsels and empowerment that Christ’s Faith has to offer. (Rom. 1:16-17).
You may share if inspired by this latest edition
Leave a Reply