The following is another attempt to use the goggle of Christ’s Faith to weigh all conversation and filter all thoughts under the sun.Graceful Reading!
1. The Lord Jesus, in His love, wisdom and mercy, ensures some unbelievers and believers don’t come into material prosperity at some season of their lives or in any significant measure. He reserves this right, and sees what we can’t see, and by so doing, He delivers some from becoming inhumane, some from being distracted, and others from losing their souls or truncating His eternal purpose for their lives.
2. When your weaknesses, failures and mistakes becomes your meditation, you are doing so at the expense of God’s word and law. You are also entertaining a working of darkness, you are breaching a law of life in Christ and are also giving room for the formation of strongholds in your mind (Ps. 1:2, Phil. 4:8).
3. No believer is free from covetousness as long as he hasn’t been free from the longing to have abundance of things (possessions), or as long as he hasn’t prospered with commandments meant to regulate such things (1Tim. 6:10, Lk. 12:13-15, Matt. 6:31-33, Col. 3.1-4).
4. The daily and continuous sighting of Christ, or of the hope of the gospel, or of living by God’s Power, would cause Christ to come indwell us by His Faith, and gradually prepare us to someday attain God’s glory. No believer who is overtaken by this pursuit, would be moved or swayed by the cares and anxieties of this present life, and as such, would overcome such (Rom. 1:16, Col. 1:23,28, Col 2:2, Eph. 3:17, Ps. 82:1).
5. The monetary system has many servants within and without the Church, and would reign as king over any believer who can’t weigh his motive for adventuring gain. So believers are at the mercy of accessing the allocation of God’s word that has the ability to prove our heart’s motives and intents; even the incorruptible word of God. (Heb. 4:12, 1Thes. 2:4, 1Pet. 1:23)
6. The strength and power of the Church, cannot be different from what the founder said and proved it to be. It has never been and can never be monetary or intellectual. Rather, it is the gospel of Christ – the power of God! It is the technology of the Godhead to bring their life into man’s flesh (soul) (Rom 1:16, 1Cor. 2:2).
7. The system that would make men busy over decades, with apparently legitimate activities and cares that keeps men off the feasts of eternal life, was meticulously designed by the god of this world, and nothing but the wisdom of the new creation (i.e. the wisdom of Christ) can deliver us from it. One way it does so, is by exposing the futility of the wisdom of this world. (1Kg 20:38-40, Lk. 14:16-20, 1Cor. 2:6-8)
8. Some SEEDS of plants take months to bud, but those of trees like coconut bamboo or Iroko are raised after many years and decades. So is the SEED Jesus came to sow! When it takes root in us and bears fruit in our souls, it will handle lusts (corruption), but it requires the patience of the kingdom to do so until a tree of righteousness is raised – whose fruits should end up becoming a forest – for God’s Rest. (Lk. 21:19, 2Tim. 3:10, Jam. 1:4, Heb. 6:12, Rev. 1:9)
9. Believers hardly ever draw up a plan against darkness (ignorance), because a power concealed it and they don’t see the need for such (Acts 26:18). Even after hearing ministrations over years that should deal with this, we still love the light called darkness, and don’t desire to be saved in our souls from it. So the Lord in His wisdom has to employ our disappointments, discouragements and trials to birth a cry in us that would drive and keep us closer to him, so He can keep exposing and dealing with our darkness. (Ps. 18:28)
10. Don’t quit fighting, because it is costlier in time and eternity to do so! We should keep fighting, until, like Alexander the ‘great’, we can do nothing else but fight the good fight of faith against covetousness, unbelief, ease, discouragements, envying, evil speaking, unforgiveness, etc., so we can someday become a conqueror of this world, ultimately increase in strength, and overcome the god of this world (Isa. 40:29b, Col. 1:10c).
Pst. Tayo Fasan
You may share if blessed and inspired to do so
Leave a Reply