Looking Inward & Outward (With the goggle of Faith) – Part 12
1. By remaining in one geographical location, raising 12 apostles and investing 33 years preparing to die for others, our Lord Jesus disappointed every definition of success put together by the world. True success (in God’s sight) comes while disapointing every wordly definition of success.
2. The world uses the excesses, lapses and limitations of every institution or establishment to get at us and to cheat us, and the onus is on us to either trust the Lord to rise to our defense while RESPONDING within the boundaries of faith so we don’t REACT in the flesh, deny The Faith and lose life.
3. The natural eye we depend on is so limited that it easily loses track of the pursuit of a mosquito! But our spiritual eyes on the other hand can be so equipped by The Faith of the Son of God- to comprehend things above the present heavens; even the very things of God.
4. We are meant to sleep and wake up like babies do if the actual thing that preoccupies our hearts is God’s life! Then alone would our communal life (common union concerning life) be so unreligious and so different from what it used to be, and gradually inch closer to that of Jesus.
5. As far as the heavens is from the earth, so far is the difference between seeking God for what you want to do for him and seeking God for what He wants to do in you which is to bring you to a place called “with God” or to give you God or to utterly save your soul or to do much more than you can think or ask (Matt. 19:26c, Jer. 29:11, Rev. 21:3b, Eph. 3:20).
6. Immediately the Faith of the Son was unveiled, every prior expression or definition of life that was inferior and contrary to it became an enemy or a potential enemy! Christ’s faith came to remove every neutral ground and left every relationship (spiritual or natural) to chose either to be for or against it (Jn. 3:20, Matt. 10:34-38, Lk. 14:16-27).
7. We would never really have the legal ground to stop seeking and speaking of the Faith of the Son of God because thereby would we not only overcome the world within and without us but also press unto the salvation of our Soul (Gal. 2:20, 1Jn. 5:4, 1Pet 1:9).
8. One simple way to despise God is to despise His name; His words – His emphasis in a season or generation, and the consequence of doing so is that we would miss out on the attendant grace that accompanies it. His name is His Faith – the life of eternal life or of immortality (1Pet. 1:13, Jn. 1:12, Rom. 1:5, Rev. 2:13).
9. You want to know how audacious those who have been delivered from the fear of the present or of the fear of death would sound? Just like the 3 Hebrew boys! (Heb. 2:15, Rom. 8:38g-h, Dan. 3:17-18)? Just like servants of Christ who have won Christ and have God as their hope (Col. 1:27b)! When we receive the deliverance (freedom) that Christ offers, we can’t be threatened with the loss of our lives or moved by the loss of tangible or intangible things or goods (Acts 20:24, Matt. 19:29,Phil. 3:7-8).
10. Irrespective of our past, there is an enormous praise, honor and glory that God sees ahead of our lives, but one major attitude that can limit us from partaking in it is the same thing that has limited us so far; our lack of openness; firstly to God and those whom He would have us open up to (Heb. 13:7).
You may share with someone that might be inspired likewise