… AN APPRAISAL ON THE ENTRANCE & ABUNDANT ENTRANCE OF THE KINGDOM
It may interest you to know that had Jesus died on the cross in the year 2016, his death would not have been celebrated in various cycles like Mohammed Ali “the great” was. His seeming inability to “do something” like in the case when John the Baptist was imprisoned would have significantly reduced his followership. Like Esau (a believer of his day), Jesus promise to offer man a citizenship, kingdom and inheritance that would ultimately cause man to live in the father(A) would have also been despised.
- Jn. 5:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
- Jn. 14:11 Believe me that I am (dwelling/abiding) in the Father, and the Father in me (Isa. 66:1-2 fulfilled): or else believe me for the very works’ sake.
So following and truly knowing Jesus has and would always be an unpopular venture for anyone who values things that can be seen with the natural eyes above things that can only be seen with the eyes of our heart/understanding(B). In the same vein, understanding the Faith Jesus came to promote on earth and awaits before his second coming(C) would always be different from how we understood the faith that brought about healing, prosperity etc. It would have to be by revelation(D) and unto those who seek him while he may be found(Isa. 55:6/65:1).
- Matt. 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life (Faith – the first rest/abode for the soul), and few there be that find it (i.e. few believers are seeking or are interested in it)
- Matt. 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden (by the legitimate cares of this world and deceitfulness of riches), and I will give you rest (Salvation/His Faith – the first rest/abiding place)
- Matt. 11:29 Take my yoke (His commandment) upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye (the “I” of Gal. 2:20) shall find rest unto your souls (i.e. so great salvation/His Father’s Love – the final rest/abiding place)
So if we can endure the dealings and the demands of the strait gate and of the narrow way, we’ll survive the first entrance (the wilderness – typifying Christ) where we would unlock the secret of His Life (His Faith) and receive preparation for an abundant entrance (Canaan – typifying the father). As we finalize our citizenship of Christ’s Faith(Gal. 2:20), Jesus through Divine Life in us(E) would begin to show us His Father’s divine Nature because him alone knows the Father(F) – Divine Love
- Rom. 5:21 That as sin (the first false promise) hath reigned unto death (the last false promise), even so might grace (faith/entrance) reign through righteousness (revelations of Christ’s gospel) unto eternal life (love/abundant entrance) by Jesus Christ our Lord.
- 2Pet. 1:11 For so (by keeping the faith of the Son dealings of Vs. 5-7) an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly (many entrances/abundant entrance/Love) into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Hebrews 4:15-16 is therefore a summary of the dynamics of our heart transaction with the Godhead. It highlights the timeliness of help that our infirmities must find as we come boldly (i.e. accompanied) by the Holy Spirit who causes us to see our infirmities in its true color. As we appreciate in the dealings of Christ’s Faith, we come to Him(G) – the throne of grace. In Him (Faith), our hearts receive the divine influences of kindness and we are favorably disposed to find mercy (the father), who in turn authorizes the obtaining of grace(H) in well-timed seasons.
- Heb. 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
A. (Jn. 3:13/14:10) B. (Matt. 13:16-17/Eph. 1:18/Col. 1:9d/1Jn. 1:1c) C. (Lk. 18:8) D. (Rom. 16:25/ Gal. 1:12/Eph. 3:3) E. (1Pet. 1:5) F. (Matt. 11:27) G. (Matt. 11:28/Heb. 11:6/1Tim. 2:4) H. (Rom. 5:2/Heb. 12:28/13:9b)
Leave a Reply