… AN APPRAISAL OF HOW WE CAN INHERIT THE MIND OF CHRIST THROUGH COMMANDMENTS
The first thing that businesses carefully articulate in order for them to carve a niche for themselves among competition is a vision and mission statement, and this is readily made available for the consumption of their internal and external customers. In like manner, the first thing the Father articulated IN THE MIND OF JESUS was a summary of his MISSION and VISION statement – TO UNVEIL MAN’S INHERITANCE (TRUTH) TO HIM which would come at the cost of HIS LIFE – HIS EVERYTHING! A similarly rare mandate has been placed before the church today, of publishing this statement by doing likewise – by laying down their lives(A)
Before Adam (man) sinned, God’s plan was to save him (raise or quicken him) by introducing him to the light (fellowship) that the Godhead have been enjoying from eternity past. God wanted man to live from eternity (from above) and to do so, Adam’s mind needed quickening! The issue of sin only came as a distraction and interruption to God’s ultimate goal and it is taking the present church too long a time to overcome this by learning of Christ’s Faith(B) which gives victory over sin and empowers saints to face the main/final exploit of overcoming death/corruption – God’s Love(C)
God had to upgrade the software (thought process) that was running Adam’s soul (heart and mind) to that of His Grace, and the only way he could do this was by measuring out commandments through the cross. So while the dew of each day rested, God would engage Adam in fellowship and give him commandments regarding the tree of life – the tree of His Faith! By virtue of Adam’s stature in knowledge as a living-soul, he knew that he would need to be a DISCIPLE OF THE DAILY COMMANDMENTS OF TRUTH which was synonymous to CONSISTENTLY SEEK THE THINGS OF OTHERS; JUST LIKE JESUS AND HIS APOSTLES LATER DID – OVER DECADES! Adam counted the cost(D), and like we do till date, and transgressed(E) the deposit of knowledge in him by taking the path of least resistance.
- Phil. 2:4-7 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of NO REPUTATION (emptied himself), and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
This was the mind that Adam despised! Some believers have ignorantly claimed “we have the mind of Christ” not knowing that it’s an inheritance that can only be secured after successfully keeping the daily commandments of the cross that teaches us to seek the things of others until we can’t do otherwise
- Rev. 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life (what Adam forsook and Jesus esteemed and later became), and may enter in through the gates (the teachable state called kingdom children) into the city.
- Phil 2:20 For I have no man likeminded (Timotheus), who will naturally care for your state.
- 2Cor. 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich (as The Word), yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty (the daily regulation of the cross) might be (made) rich (made full of grace)
- 1Cor. 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me
THE ENEMY OF GRACE IS “I” OR SELF. So what made Apostle Paul one of the richest and most powerful men(F) of his day and of all ages was the abundant working of the cross which increased the supply of Grace to his soul. For him, “I” gradually expired until “Grace” took preeminence, and this is the only prescription for the spiritual poverty(G) in the church today.
- 2Cor. 6:10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor (a meek heart disposition that empowers us to seek the things of others), yet making many rich (with true riches); as having nothing, and yet possessing all things (truth – concerning God’s Faith/Life).
- 1Jn. 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth (truth – concerning God’s Faith/Life and God’s Love/Oath), and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
There was so much emphasis on the oneness of God in the Old Testament but this this understanding was only brought forth in the New Testament where the epistles shed light on the secret of oneness – being likeminded!
The only way Jesus can unite and fortify believers is to get them to think alike – to think of the same expected end; the Father(H). The only way to do so is to get them to seek the things of others, and the only provision that caters for this is the Faith that was revealed in Jesus; the faith that unites(I) us for a cause that transcends time!
- Eph. 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man (Total redemption/the end of faith), unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ (Full redemption/The actual People of God(J) who were raised by Pauline light (epistles) but ended with Apostle John’s light (the super epistles – 1st, 2nd, 3rd John/book of revelation)
So it is the desire of the Godhead that we be weaned(J) from OUR FAITH(K), and be taught CHRIST’S FAITH(L). Our Lord Jesus was raised to think like God, and to do so, he kept thinking about others until he got to the cross! By the cross, He kept esteeming every thought that God was revealing considering those who would crucify him, those born and unborn, and this caused him to live and abide(M)
This dealing is the exclusive preserve for DISCIPLES OF TRUTH whose primary goal ranks high above the legitimacies of this present world. Their resolve is to GIVE GOD THEIR ALL; their FIRSTLING, because they’ve resolved to become FIRSTFRUITS UNTO GOD and end as SONS OF TRUTH, glory!
- Jam 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
A (Jn. 15:13/1Jn. 4:7). B (Acts 26:18e/Gal. 2:20/Phil. 3:9d/Rev. 14:12). C (Ps. 110:1/2Pet. 1:4/Rev. 12:11). D (Luke 14:25-34). E (1Tim. 2:14). F (2Cor. 6:4-10). G (Rev. 3:17). H. (Jer. 29:11/Jn. 13:3). I (Eph. 4:13a). J (Isa. 28:9/Eph. 1:15-18). K (Heb. 6:1e). L (Acts 26:18e/Gal. 2:20/Phil. 3:9d/Rev. 14:12). M (1Pet. 1:23)