I am yet to accurately answer an anointed question; “What did the father reveal to Jesus as “The Future Of Man” during his first 30 years sojourn on earth? Is that what we believe as “Our Future”?
Oh! Blessed is that day when a believer truly understands the inspired sayings of Moses and Apostle Peter in Ps. 90:4/2Pet. 3:8, for then would he begin to LIVE IN GOD’S SIGHT and then would he realize that:
1) The word “YOUR FUTURE“, as commonly hyped IN THIS AGE, does not exist in THE DICTIONARY OF TRUTH.
2) Most of man’s motivations in life has been A WRONG PICTURE OF HIS FUTURE, which gives birth to CARES andFEARS – because man is ASHAMED OF THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST (Rom. 1:16-17/2Tim. 1:8).
- Ps. 90:4 For a thousand years in your sight are but as yesterday when it is past, or as a watch in the night
- 2Pet. 3:8 But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day
- 2Pet. 1:19 And we have the prophetic word more fully confirmed, to which you will do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts
Of a truth, all scripture is God-breathed! So while the Man of God named Moses trapped and uttered the first half of that breath in Ps. 90:4, it took an Apostle Peter to see the latter half with the help of the goggle of the Spirit of Truth; that a man in “one day” can come into what others would come into in “a thousand years”! Do we believe this? Let’s attempt to summarize Ps. 90:4 and 2Pet. 3:8 as follows:
1) By an accurate response to God’s Faith and Love commandments during the earthly sojourn of some men, their life-count clearly unveiled eternal life which once only resided in God! The kingdom of God which has and would always be unknown to glorious angels, was received BY SUCH MEN and interpreted BY THESE MEN in the same earth where the entire lifetime of multitudes is lived in futility!
2) There are things that belong strictly to God, things hidden for ages but later brought to light through Christ Jesus, and these things of Christ’s Faith and God’s Love is primarily meant to be obtained while in this world where the realm of the spirit isn’t visible like it would be in the world to come.
- 1Cor. 3:18 Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you thinks that he is wise in this age, let himbecome a fool that he may become wise
There is a carnal (fallen) life which has a “results-based” hyped definition of “OUR FUTURE”, but our Lord Jesus and menthat were highly esteemed in God’s sight didn’t live with that template! Gal. 6:7-8 tells us that, “if we sow to a darkened definition or understanding of OUR FUTURE (Eph. 4:18), we would reap what the likes of Esau reaped – corruption”! But if we sow to what God’s wisdom has to say about OUR FUTURE, which would make us look foolish in the eyes of the world, we would reap what the Apostles reaped – eternal life, we would thereby reign over sin and death, and also reign with Christ IN THE MILLENNIUM and IN THE WORLD TO COME.
The end of all man’s “future” would either be categorized as gold, silver, precious stones, or as wood, hay and straw,which can’t stand the true God – a consuming fire (1Cor. 3:12/Heb. 12:29)
May the mental picture of “OUR FUTURE” come into harmony with that our Lord, so we would LIVE IN HIS DAY and IN HIS GLORIOUS SIGHT – here and beyond, Amen!