Blessed is the day that a true understanding of the sound counsels of Moses and Apostle Peter in Ps. 90:4/2Pet. 3:8 is born; for then would we realise that the word “YOUR FUTURE“, as commonly hyped by the present man and age, does not exist in the dictionary of truth, and that it has actually been used as a bait to create FEARS in the hearts of men – a fear that motivates most men to be ashamed of the gospel , or of the conversations from faith to faith (Rom. 1:16-17/2Tim. 1:8).
- Ps. 90:4 For a thousand years in your sight are but as yesterday when it is past, or as a watch in the night
- 2Pet. 3:8 (ESV) But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day
I started by telling myself that “I know not this truth as I ought” (1Cor. 8:3/Gal. 6:3), and therefore haven’t generated the order of walk I am seeing in the Lord Jesus or in His early apostles. I have however subscribed to the conversation called “THE FOOLISHNESS OF GOD”, which is not just wiser than the WISDOM OF MEN, but also confounds it and prepares those who subscriber to it for the WISDOM OF GOD – Christ Jesus (1Cor.1:25)
1Cor. 3:18 Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you thinks that he is wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise
So, both the wisdom of God (1Cor. 1:30) and the wisdom of this age (1Cor. 3:19/2:6) have their pulpits from where they paint pictures of “OUR Future”. The former can only be dispensed from the pillar and ground of truth – the household of God (1Tim. 3:15), while the later is avaiable within and without not a few churches today that have no plan to “household God”.
Both wisdom have their audience today, amongst the living (Heb. 12:9) and the dead (Lk. 9:60). So We can attempt to summarize Ps. 90:4 and 2Pet. 3:8 thus:
- There is an accurate response to God’s commandments (His faith and His love) that should take place during our earthly sojourn, which would make our live-count speak for eternity and cause us to reign with Him. On the other hand, there an erroneous assumption that can make heaven to ultimately brand a life as futile.
- There are things belonging to God, which are easily obtainable in this world, but would be far more costly to obtain in the world to come when the realm of the spirit would be more visible
- There is a carnal (fallen) life with its definition of a “FUTURE” that is based on outward results, most of which can’t be traced to the lifestyle of our Lord Jesus, or to men who are contending earnestly for the faith. And so Gal. 6:7-8 tells us that, “if we sow to that darknened definition or understanding of FUTURE (Eph. 4:18), we would reap what the likes of Esau reaped – corruption! But if we sow to what God’s wisdom has to say about OUR FUTURE, we would reap what the Apostles reaped – eternal life; and thereby, reign with Christ in His soon coming kingdom”.
The end of the future of all men would either be categorized as acceptable/rewardable works (ie. gold, silver, precious stones) or unacceptable works that can’t stand the true test of fire (1Cor. 3:12/Heb. 12:29)
May I leave you with this anointed question, “What did the father reveal to Jesus as the future of man during those 33 years? Is that what you and I believe in as Our Future?”