The earth has seen great academicians, politicians, entrepreneurs, scientists, sportsmen and philanthropists, but the gospel truth is that the devil, in his fallen state, has never been threatened by their rise or by their exploits; by exploits born while trading with his principles for living; especially while taking thoughts for a life he created.
And so great men of this world actually breach the eternal standard of righteousness by taking thought for their lives or by laboring all their lives for the meat that perishes. (1Jn. 3:8/5:4/Matt. 6:25/34/Jn. 6:27)
- Jn. 14:30 I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing (i.e the lust of the flesh/eyes/pride of life) in me.
- 1Jn. 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
Many men have made it to Guinness book of world record and have been immortalized by men, but few have had a victorious thought life needed to become glorious servants of righteousness (Rom. 6:18/Eph. 6:20). The earth is therefore urgently in need of a new breed of powerful believers who would take a deep look into the law and into the perfect law of Liberty; even those who’ll thoroughly believe it until they can’t believe anything else!
- Matt. 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for TOMORROW SHALL TAKE THOUGHT FOR THE THINGS OF ITSELF. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
- Matt. 6:31-32 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? for YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER KNOWS THAT YE HAVE NEED OF ALL THESE THINGS.
The true church is meant to produce such companies of believing believers whose eyes, like Moses, would have been so trained to see him who is invincible that they would become windy in nature – with a walk/conversation that no carnal mind can comprehend (Heb. 11:27/Jn. 3:8/1Cor. 2:14-15).
- Such are the company of men whose walk have been foreshadowed by the patriarchs/sons of men.
- Such is the constitution of those who’ll constantly be led contrary to the course of this world that they may become professionals in not-taking-any-thought that the father isn’t revealing from above; those who have been empowered to despise thoughts that emanate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
The world would remain a market place for the exchange of unlawful and lawful thoughts, but we are at the mercy of discerning those that are expedient/profitable (1Cor. 6:12). Thoughts by nature are weightier than things the natural eyes can see, so we also are at the mercy of developing our spiritual eyes/judgement (Isa. 11:3/Eph. 1:18a/Col. 1:9).
The first man (Adam) lost out in a warfare of thoughts; he couldn’t endure the commandment that the tree of life would administer daily. The last man (Christ) prevailed in a warfare of thoughts – he NEVER depended on himself, though he had great abilities and powers within (Matt. 4/Jn 5:19/30).
These are days when every believer must daily appraise his true state (2Cor. 13:5) by courageously asking unasked questions like, “which tree has been feeding my mind, inspiring my hope and fueling my pursuits”? Is it the tree (father) of life that raised Jesus in three decades into becoming the tree of life?
And answers to such questions would enable us deduce why Adam must have snapped when he realized the tree of life didn’t guarantee him “control of what next” or give him “control over his life“. MAN WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE IN CONTROL OF HIS LIFE – GOD WAS AND IS MEANT TO! (Gal. 2:20/Jn. 5:21/30).
Eternal life (i.e. intimate knowledge of the Father and the Son – Jn. 17:3) denies us of many so called “privileges” that beset our destiny, because God in wisdom has to train us to truly depend on Him and be made quick in His fear (Isa. 11:3/Heb. 12:9)
You may share this article with your circle of influence if you have been inspired by it
The quote “These are days when every believer must daily appraise his true state (2Cor. 13:5) by courageously asking unasked questions like, “which tree has been feeding my mind, inspiring my hope and fueling my pursuits”? Is it the tree (father) of life that raised Jesus in three decades into becoming the tree of life?” from the passage above needs to be the driving factor for our daily living and that which we live for. Thanks for the message.
This write-up brings so much comfort to the heart.Its beautiful that man was made for God.This awareness brings so much balance to my life concerning every and any matter.
Thank you so much sir for this write-up!God bless you real good sir.