It may interest you to know that the first owner and the first person to preach the gospel was God (Rom. 1:1), and his first audience was Adam (Gen. 2:16-17). Unfortunately, the same disobedience that has become a norm today was what limited Adam from experiencing the divine life (eternal power) which is warehoused in The Gospel of Christ, which was previously packaged in the tree of life (Gen. 2:9c/Jn. 6:53/Rev. 22:2). Adam therefore failed to grow beyond the life of The Living Soul and partake of a higher form of divine life – that of The Quickening Spirit. (Gen. 2:71Cor. 15:45b).
Adam understood the tough demands of the Gospel much more than most believers and ministers do till date! He was not just a Believer. He had Knowledge and wasn’t deceived like Eve was (1Tim. 2:14a). Adam understood the demands of God’s love, light and life and knew that he had to keep fighting the Good Fight of Faith to lay hold of eternal life (1 Tim. 2:14/6:12), and like believers still do today, he opted for an Adventure With The World by partaking of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
- Through the disobedience of Adam:
- We have no testimony of the Faith (walk) of Adam in the book of Hebrews chapter 11, because Adam didn’t appreciate beyond the stature of the Faith of The Living Soul to the Faith of God which should have taken place by obeying God’s gracious commandment. To understand the faith of the living soul today, we need to tarry with the lights and prayers of the epistles in the New Testament
- A course was set for the reign of sin and death, from Adam to Moses (Rom. 5:14), and it later took the breaking and raising of a vessel named Moses, to slow down the reign of death by the God’s leadings. It would later take the death (obedience) and resurrection of Jesus to totally abolish sin and death (2Tim. 1:10)
- A kind of faith that would sustain a generation of men after the fall was later born in Abraham, i.e. Faith Towards God. Thereby, carnal men related with natural promises and had experiences that would later foreshadow the provisions of the New Testament.
- Through the obedience Abraham:
- We saw an inheritance and testimony of faith called The Faith of Abraham (Rom. 4:16), as he kept faith while journeying out of an idolatrous/faithless background, and attained a form of faith that enabled a generation look up to God, i.e. Faith Towards God. Through him, God began a lineage in the Spirit wherein Christ would come and man would inherit God’s Faith; God’s Life!
- Through the obedience Jesus (by the eternal Spirit):
- We saw the raw voltage of God’s life, power, nature and God’s express image in operation for the first time! God had kept His faith as a secret from the foundations of the world but found the legality to unveil it to mankind through His Son. This faith (The Faith of The Son) was God’s currency for man to relate with the realm and with a triune personality that had always been invincible to angels – the realm and person called truth.
- Through the obedience of another man (i.e. Apostle Paul) and other men (i.e. the apostles etc):
- We saw how the Gospel (i.e. God’s life/power) can become our personal possession and this gave the likes of Apostle Paul the audacity to say in Romans 2:16 “…. God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to MY GOSPEL” (i.e. God’s Gospel had become the Gospel of Jesus Christ and later Paul’s Gospel, Paul’s Life = Col. 3:4)
- We also saw how the divine life stored in the Gospel, elevated men into the fellowship of the beginning that was (i.e. John 1:1) before the beginning of Genesis 1:1.
You may therefore agree with me that what God preached to Adam, Jesus and what he declared as a promise through many prophets (Rom. 1:2) over centuries was NOT the earthly provisions that brings and keeps many believers in church i.e. healing, prosperity, deliverance e.t.c. None of these INTRODUCTORY PROVISIONS OF THE GOSPEL was a need to Adam. So God’ instruction to him was that of the Gospel
Believers, ministers, you and I need to learn the core aspects of Gospel of God and this curriculum starts when the God succeeds in weaning us (Isa. 28:9) from the preeminent church meals. Then would our sight (impaired judgement) be corrected and we would partake of THE PROMISE/THE BLESSING (singular tense = Heb. 11:39/1Jn. 2:25/Ps. 24:5) of the New Testament long before we drop this earth suit (our mortal body). Our definition of PROMISES or BLESSINGS (plural tense = Mk 11:23/Heb. 6:1/Lk. 9:1) would then change and be align with that of God’s kingdom.
With the eye of the Spirit and by the sure mercies of God, I can see a gradual migration of worthy seekers and loving enquirers from the Ephemeral Provisions of the introductory aspect of the Gospel (i.e. Heb. 6:1-2) which was simply designed to ADVERTISE THE GOSPEL to the Divine Provisions (Eph. 1:3) ordained to make us PARTAKERS OF GOD’S GOSPEL, i.e. the divine nature (2Pet. 1:4). Amen
Kindly forward to your circle of influence if you have been blessed by this article