The following is another attempt to use the goggle of Faith to weigh various inspired thoughts, on another blessed day.
1. The Lord wants to bring us to a place where, even when we want to take thought for tomorrow or for things the world as branded as life, we would not know how to go about it! His tool for this is His Gospel, which- when well taught and received – can fashion us to become fellows of another life (Christ); even as we gain possession of God’s revealed righteousness (Col. 2:6-7, 2Cor. 5:21, Heb. 1:9).
2. The devil always sells thoughts to us around what we selfishly seek and admire around this present life; things that can give us an edge over others or gratify our ambitious tendencies (Jam. 1:15). He suggests reasons for the actions and inactions of others towards us – all so he can secure reactions from us that would bring us outside faith (Rom. 14:23c).
3. The Lord’s counsel to us not to take thought for our lives and to seek first His righteousness is a prescription that has the vital ingredients to stop the world and the god of this world from thinking through us (Matt. 6:33-34). Thereby would we unlock a supernatural economy called God’s power (Christ) and be empowered to live without fear – or unlike carnal believers (Lk. 1:74-75, 2Cor. 6:14-17).
4. What makes us take thoughts for our lives is a nature that is deficient in the faith and love that is in Christ Jesus (1Tim 1:14). And what would make us free and ultimately saved from this nature or from our ways and thoughts is the word of truth concerning this faith and love (Rom. 6:22-23, Isa. 55:9-11, Jam. 1:18).
5. When laws borders on the natural, learned men of the earth in various fields (i.e a professor emeritus) is better consulted. But when laws border on the heavenly places in Christ, then elders in truth (i.e priestly prophets) who have been edged around over decades or trained to become prisoners of Christ – are better consulted (2Jn. 1:1, Eph 3:1).
You may share if inspired by this latest edition
Leave a Reply