The following is another attempt to use the goggle of Faith to weigh and filter thoughts from various conversations under the sun, on another blessed day.
Looking Inward & Outward (with the goggle of Faith) – Part 58
1. If the Lord Jesus through His Spirit can successfully reveal the secrets that can usher a believer into a new season where he’ll cease to be alive to the cares, anxieties and the ministry of taking thoughts for tomorrow or for His life, He has employed the same quality of God’s power that raised Him to become the resurrection and the life; or that begot God’s nature in Him. He has done much more than He could do with a generation of believers that He could only give things present, even carnal/material blessings that some unbelievers or ungodly men get by inheritance or via hustling.
2. The actual source of joy to any soul that comes under the mercy or agency of the New Testament are not things that necessarily excite or unlock the passions of a natural man/mind, neither is it in the glories of this world. Rather, it is that which was found with and in Lord Jesus, even in the ability of the soul of man to access and transact with the true light from above. It is in our beholding the Sun of Righteousness with the eyes of our heart and in the journeying of revealed truths into the inward parts of our soul. The day a believer realizes this, he would become jealous with the use his eyes (Eccl. 11:7, Mal. 4:2, Job. 31:1a).
3. This world and the god of this world are the two chief opponents of every believer till date. They are meant to become instrumental to our growth in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus as we give the right attitude to the commandments surrounding the Faith and Love that is in Christ Jesus. If we end up not overcoming them in the days of our flesh or in some designated seasons of life, it simply means we have been overcome by them. (2 Cor. 4:4-6, 2Pet. 2:20-21).
4. God the Father in His infinite wisdom hasn’t answered some of our prayers for material or even spiritually related things, because, among others, we are either unprepared or ignorant of the distractions and temptations that would accompany such requests; or because they are not primary in the interest of others – though they seem to be. But by taking our eyes off those easily justifiable requests and by patiently placing them on the Lord, any feign motive of ours would be revealed and we would see the bigger picture around our requests (Jam. 4:2-3).
5. The world resident in men and through men can only make us feel insecure or look/think inferior with our consent, and it can only secure such consent from us through our ignorance of the promise of inheriting God’s life. Man’s morale, confidence, hope, peace, comfort and quest were meant to spring from knowing how great and precious God’s inheritance kept in trust for him really is; and being ignorant of this simply makes the devil’s weapon lethal, because the absence of this blessed hope can enable him think through us (Isa. 5:13, Eph. 1:18-19).
6. There is something that overcoming this world and the wicked one means to God; and it must mean the same thing to us. There is something that those who would constitute the company of overcomers or the New Jerusalem inhabitants – means to God; and the essence of the commandments or walk of Faith and Love that is in Christ Jesus is to bring us to a place or understanding where it would mean the same thing to us as it does to God and the Lamb. Doing so would require us to have a new/clean heart, a new spirit (law) and also a docile and ductile heart of flesh that is driven by God’s laws (1Jn. 5:18, Rev. 14:1-5/12, Eze. 11:19, 36:26, Heb. 8:10).
7. There is something that every man knowingly or unknowing holds very jealous to his heart, that resides in the midst of his soul, even in the most sought arena in man, by the Lord Jesus and by Satan. It is the throne of man’s will, which he can only gradually relinquish to the Lord while responding to the stimuli of good and perfect light or to the publications of peace and salvation (Jam. 1:18, Isa. 52:7). So the more of His commandments we keep, the more we give Him a right of way into our hearts. The more of the commandments of this world we keep, even via its lusts/pride, the more we give the enemy a right of way into the secret place of our souls (Eze. 28:2, Lk. 22:42).
8. When we seek first any other thing that’s contrary or inferior to the kingdom of God and its righteousness, we are seeking something that is under the influence of corruption; even things that are subject to perishing, which can take strength out of our souls when not sought by grace. If we will ever partake of the reign of God’s kingdom, there is only one thing we must excel in seeking with all our heart, soul, strength and might; even the kingdom and its righteousness.
9. The law of corruption is an intelligence or working of death that says, “If I can see or touch a thing or comprehend its operation, I can consume or break the cohesive force holding it together”. The law of God (love) that is resident in Christ Jesus, says, “If I can get men to walk by the dictates of the Spirit until I write my law upon them; or if I can get men to seek things that are in the interest of others until it becomes their default nature, then I can separate them from the reach or force of corruption, even death” (Rom. 8:1-2).
10. A believer might never have been involved in any financial fraud and even have an impeccable integrity to run a multinational or lead a globally acclaimed “faith-based” movement; yet, he would remain under the bondage of corruption as long as he isn’t dealing with the storage of darkness in his soul or as long as he isn’t walking against his former walk, even via the leading of the Spirit. Corruption was man’s first inheritance; but as we keep walking by faith, we take custody of those spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Jesus and our nature will keep changing until we’ll inherit incorruption (Rom. 8:1-21, 2 Cor. 5:1-5, 2Pet. 1:4-7).