The following is another attempt to use the goggle of Faith to weigh and filter thoughts from various conversations under the sun, on another blessed day.
Looking Inward & Outward (with the goggle of Faith) – Part 56
1. The system of this world has an accurate up to date database of everyone in love with it. It knows to what degree they do, it knows those who are in the process of escaping its captivity, those who have escaped it and even those who, like Paul, would have the tendency to love the cross of Christ and thereby go against it. It remembers that the biggest mistake that its princes made, was to crucify Jesus Christ, because that sealed its fate and made it an expired product before everyone who’ll walk like He did (Jn. 15:19, 1Cor. 2:7-8, Gal. 6:14).
2. When any of the thoughts that emanate from this world or that has been arranged against our coming into Christ – comes our way and finds us alive to it rather than dead to its passions or inspirations, it would unlock in us a passion for things that aren’t from above; even things that are prone to corruption, which always lead to the loss of life in the soul. So, when temptations finds us alive to it rather than separated or dead to it, they’ll offer us something we love at the expense of truth and limit us from pleasing the Father (2Cor. 10:5, Col. 3:1-2, 1Jn. 2:15-16).
3. The world has put in place an air-tight plan of how men might live long but never live in the sight of God and how they’ll never receive the certification of Christ’s Faith by journeying into a place/season where they’ll possess the constitution called Christ – that makes a soul to be at peace with God and His dealings. It is appointed to keep men busy addressing the needs and cares of this present life; and, unlike David, Paul and few others over generations, it gets men careful, encumbered and troubled with many things outside the most needful one thing in life – eternal life (Rom. 5:1, Gal. 3:11, Lk. 10:41-42).
4. When a believer lacks a fair grasp of the Faith that Jesus came to author and authorize for use by all believers, this present life with its never ending cares would become a successful competitor to the life that God has offered through the gospel of Christ. Nothing competes with eternal blessings like the pull behind carnal or natural blessings; and the only way we can manage this pull is by being trained to keep the commandments of Faith and Love in Christ Jesus, so we can bring the life and conversation of the world to come which resides in God into our flesh/daily lives (Gal. 5:27, 2:20, 1Tim. 1:14).
5. How does the world get the soul of men scattered? By pressuring men, especially believers, to seek things first or by throwing many things at them, even things they don’t have the growth, wisdom, grace or stature to handle. How does Christ gather such scattered souls? By the leading of the Spirit – where various unhealthy busyness and hustling are trimmed down – so we can see the idols of our soul and turn from them. What is the eventual output? A soul that has been united by the Faith that is in the Son of God, even a perfect/complete man in Christ that can hope for God and ultimately come into the fullness of Christ or become a full blown son of God (Rom. 8:14, Eph. 4:13/3:19).
6. The world is designed in a way and manner that, as long as you don’t have a fair grasp of what really the power of eternal life is, even the Faith of the Son of God, you can’t resist the perpetual vain distractions and the temptations to settle for much less than the life that God ordained and is offering to man. It is an alternate design of life that makes even anointed/gifted men to despise the provisions of Faith and Love that was once in God but has become embodied by Christ Jesus. The world’s offer of gain at the expense of pursuing godliness continues to appeal to men of the earth with high integrity, like it did to even a king of the whole earth – Adam. (Rom. 1:16, 1Pet. 1:5, Matt. 16:26).
7. Nothing subdues darkness in our souls and also destroys the lustful eyes that this world nurtures in every man, who, unlike Jesus, seek after their own things in life – like feasting the eyes of our heart or understanding with the riches/blessings in Christ Jesus (Phil. 2:4, 20-21, Eph. 1:17-18). Nothing can devalue man’s rarely known love for this world like being exposed to the riches of understanding that makes up Christ, which would always lead to us to where we would comprehend the mystery (or nature/name of) of the Father, and ultimately to that of God – where our souls would find true rest, be truly fulfilled or fully filled with God (Lk. 11:34, Col. 2:2).
8. No man has ever truly trusted in God who wasn’t fathered by Him. No man can be fathered by Him without divorcing the world or without making serious investments of his time, hearing and keeping of counsels surrounding the Faith of the Son. And no man who does so would live carnally or like most believers do (1Jn. 2:15, 2Cor. 6:14-18, Ps. 103:15-18).
9. There is no way a believer can receive the name, seal or nature of God, without bearing the name, nature or seal of Christ through which we would come unto perfection or into God (Rev. 2, 2Tim. 2:19, Heb. 6:1). So, by believing in the revelations of righteousness of Christ’s Faith, we receive the same power that raised Jesus to become the Christ; and be empowered to depart from iniquity (Jn. 1:12, 1Tim. 3:9). We also gain or hold mastery of the mystery of Christ, even of the Faith that resides in Him, which always keeps the world in check and prepares us to also lay hold on the mystery of the Father, which in turn would enable us to hold or comprehend the mystery of God (Col. 2:2, Matt. 28:19, Rev. 10:7).
10. The seasons after the ministrations of the Faith of the Son (which was made available to the Church for over 2000 years now) come our way and doesn’t translate in us, a tangible radical shift in our previous definitions and disposition to this present life; or when we can’t respond to the efforts of the Lord to illustrate the power/walk that fashioned Christ, are seasons when we haven’t seen that precious life as ours, and as such, we can’t treasure it like ungodly men treasure this world. Such are seasons when the first set of veils upon eyes/heart are yet to be rent, when and where we earnestly need to pray to the Father for the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so we can draw nigh to Him with our hearts and turn or abstain from our civilized idols (1Thes. 1:4-10, Eph. 1:17-18, 2Cor. 6;14-18).