The following is another attempt to use the goggle of Faith to weigh and filter various thoughts from conversations under the sun, on another blessed day.
Looking Inward & Outward (with the goggle of Faith) – Part 47.
1. The Father likes to see that our greatest contentment, desire, pursuit and prayer in life, is to have eternal life, even the same life that committed Jesus to leave the throne for the earth. So when our attitude to seeking this life is contrary to that which was found in Christ Jesus and his apostles, we are suggesting that we have an alternative to seeking or inheriting God’s life
2. The saying, “He that is down fears no fall”, attempts to summarize one of the provisions of the New Testament, which is to bring us to a place where we come above the fear of death or above every fear of men, whose source is always (spiritual) death (Heb. 2:14-15).
3. From the we go about their natural and spiritual endeavours, it is evident from scriptures and before heaven, that we have placed a different value from that of Jesus and his apostles, to the subject and pursuit of eternal life, which doesn’t mean the same thing to us like it meant to them. It is not yet as important to our souls as oxygen is to our lungs; and only when we know the consequence of this would we change our attitude and approach to it.
4. The gospel has a stand; even a standard of righteouness that would separate you from yourself and from the fellowship of men with a contrary stand to it. The day we sight it in its pure form, is the day we are called to lay down our lives for it, or love it above all things. The actual count and worth of man’s life, outside the gospel, is the life count of flesh, or of a flower of the field. (Ps 1:1, Isa. 40:6, 1Pet. 1:24).
5. Sin and death are the two main spiritual products of a once glorious – now fallen angel, whose expiry dates had to be spiritually determined by the walk of Christ Jesus. So when we ignore the free offer to learn and acquire the two end products that constitutes the new man, or that informs the count of life in any believer; even the Faith that is in Christ and the Love that is God, we are prone to fall back to the use of those expired products of the old creation – which has been the case for many believers.
6. One of the things that the epistles of Christ is saying in a nutshell is that the corrupted life we now have on earth was packaged over six millenia ago, and no measure of academic, social and religious light or status can immune us from it. The only answer to a corrupt life is an incorruptible life and it deserves much more attention than we have given to other legitimate but corrupt-prone chapters of life.
7. There is a life in Christ and in God, that can NEVER be accessed BY ANY BELIEVER who hasn’t passed through trials and tribulations, and that life is the conversation of the kingdom. So, when a believer says: “I don’t believe in suffering”; even in the dealings of the Faith in Christ that naturally starves sin from the flesh, he is ignorantly saying, “I don’t need the life or power that would enable me live supernatually and gain entrance into the kingdom”. Such a one is on course to end up going to heaven – with a carnal soul (Acts 14:22, 1Pet. 4:1-2).
8. Those who ministered or interpreted the life of the Old Testament went through seasons where, like in Jacob, heaven broke their human strength or tampered with the former constitution of their hearts and mind, and thereby rearranged their souls to be subject to the spirit or grace upon them. Those who would have the eternal honor of serving under the New Testament or interpreting its life, can’t receive a lesser training. Many who would fall short of their calling and election will do so while not submitting to…
You may share if inspired by this latest edition