Looking Inward & Outward (with the goggle of Christ’s Faith) – Part 42
The following is another attempt to use the goggle of Faith to weigh and filter various thoughts from conversations under the sun, on another blessed day.
- One of the chief goals that a believer should have today is that of becoming of a meek and lowly heart and among many things, a serious limitation to desiring this heart, is what you are doing for God – like we saw in Moses! So the Lord would rather not grace or anoint us when we haven’t settled this goal or emphasis of the Spirit, in our hearts. It can become our goal as we watch and pray about it daily.
- You may not have breached any of the expectations of humility known to men, or to an anointed man of God, or to most among a zealous company of believers, and yet, might have breached the standard of humility set by the walk of the Lord Jesus many times. You may even attain unto the high standard of humility that is found among faithful angels, yet fall short of the standard which God measured out in Christ Jesus.
- What makes a man truly great before God’s sight, must be the same thing that made Abraham, Moses, and our Lord Jesus, Paul etc. great – it must be PROCESS or OBEDIENCE! Truly great men were all made by the process or obedience to Faith they submitted to, which in turn empowered them to truly OBEY, LOVE OR FEAR GOD. Many have gotten to heaven, only to realize that their earthly inheritance, education, money or any other form of attainment, didn’t ever make them inwardly great or established. (Rom. 16:25).
- When we don’t allow the Lord open a door concerning a natural endeavor, we would find other so called open doors that are actually traps in disguise, and they would most likely truncate our access to doors in the spirit; even doors that should have furthered our course in the gospel (Prov. 31:30).
- If the Lord can’t show us over many years, what the salvation of our soul truly is, or who our eternal inheritance really is and how we can miss out of it despite our coming so close to the waters that dispense its knowledge, He knows we still haven’t dealt with a subtle enmity within us, and haven’t responded to the cry of wisdom that counsels us to esteem above all, ministrations that bother on the salvation our souls. (Heb. 2:1-3)
- One great comfort that our flesh/carnal nature looks forward to, is for us to stop fighting, especially at any pace that promises to erode its influence. Through it, the devil throws thoughts and imaginations from the heights, to discourage us from steadfastly continuing in the faith, some of which comes from unfruitful chapters of our past, or future expectations not born out of righteousness.
- Deliverance in the New Testament is a product of the teachings of God’s grace that lead to the gradual and total change of our former life, outlook and expectation, until we are built up or raised to comprehend God as we ought, like father Abraham once did in a shadow. (Lk. 4:18, Tit. 2:11-13, Heb. 11:8-17).
- One great threat to what the Lord wants to give to us, especially when season in the Spirit has changed over a believer, minister or church, is what He previously gave us; whether it is a natural of spiritual ability, grace, or material possession. Our natural minds has a way of getting us to hold tenaciously unto what we need to trade for something fresh and superior, in view of a new provision, emphasis of the Spirit, or allocation of grace. (Num. 20:7-12).
- What makes a believer – civilized in God’s sight, is that, God has been able to father such a one to a place where he can do nothing but always believe in His promise(s), keep His commandments, and respond to the same process that birthed Jesus as the Christ, and therefore, is being born of God. He is seeking a continuing city where those who are elite of Christ’s civilization constantly receive the investments of grace and truth (Heb. 11:13-15, 1Jn. 5:1a).
- There is a thanksgiving you can give unto the Lord, when your heart is bearing known and unknown cares and anxieties, but there is a quality of thanksgiving you can only offer when your heart is free from all such weights or when understanding dawns on your heart, concerning a truth hanging over that season, that says, “your destiny in God remains intact and all things are working together for your God”.
Kindly share if blessed thereby or inspired to do so
Leave a Reply