Looking Inward & Outward (With the goggle of Faith) – Part 16
1. The day we can seamlessly or naturally handle or overcome offence, preeminence, unforgiveness, losses, hurt, animosity – like we see little children do, then can we say we have been converted from being ‘adults’ before God into becoming ‘little children’ who have gained entrance into the Kingdom. Then would we also be instrumental in strengthening and helping others (Matt. 18:2-3/Phil. 2:20/1Jn. 2:12/Lk. 22:31-32).
2. When men depart into error, you can’t be closer to them anymore than they are to the Lord, but you can open up the bowels of your compassion and pray for their restoration, like the Lord Jesus did and still does (Jude 1:22-23).
3. One of the deceptions that has been entertained in our generation, is the assumption that we can successfully give God anything but our best; anything but our first or our all! Men who give God their old bones; their left overs or things that didn’t cost them anything significant, don’t later have the opportunity of telling those they left behind, how costly and detrimental it was doing so (Lk. 16:19-31).
4. A prisoner of Christ living in Buckingham Palace who has access to a Rolls Royce, and a prisoner of Christ living in a distant hut in a rural are who has access only to a 1985 model of bicycle, are the same in God’s sight (Eph. 4:1-3). As New Testament priests, they both enjoy the privileges of life (righteousness) and peace, and are both destined for the highest energy level of eternal life called Joy, if they don’t jailbreak or draw back from their soul saving pursuit (Mal. 2:4-7, Rom. 8:6b, 1Jn. 1:4).
5. Who said you have to go to heaven before you experience heaven, or to experience the new heaven hid in God, or to eat of the tree of life like Adam was commanded? (Gen. 2:16/Jn. 3:13/2Cor. 12:3-4). Jesus and His apostles did in the days of their flesh, and we also should.
6. Heaven sanctions only one “coup”; a regime change against sin and death! Through their uninterrupted coming to the waters of life, such “coup plotters” would be equipped over some decades to eat with their ears; even as they hear of the Faith in Christ that is for receiving incorruptible things of God; that empowers and emboldens us to walk against the course of this world until we can cut covenant with God (Eph. 2:2, Isa. 55:1-3).
7. The simple reason for the distorted “extravagant grace” teaching that has ravished campuses and ministries, is because some foundational truths was not well laid in those who peddle and follow this unbalanced/erroneous teaching. Many thereby fail to become disciples of Christ and despise the cross of Christ, therefore remaining in bondage under the elements of this world (Jude 1:4/1Jn. 1:8-9/Jn. 8:31-32/Gal. 4:3).
8. When a believer – at some seasons – lacks a discernment of this world or the wise counsels that emanates from the Faith that is in Christ, the world would play a fast on on him severally by getting him to carnally place the dictates of his mind ahead of his heart, and dictates of his heart ahead of that of his recreated spirit. He would share things in common with unbelieving believers and also remain a stranger to the things (riches) of God in Christ Jesus.
9. The measure to which we have discerned and overcome the world can be deduced by the measure to which we have esteemed the dictates of our recreated human spirit above that of our heart, and that of our heart above that of our mind. The measure to which the contrary is the case is the measure to which we have been overtaken by the world and would remain servants of unrightoeunsness (1Cor. 2:11/Rom. 8:16/1Jn. 3:20/Jer. 17:9/Rom. 6:16-19).
10. A change of diet at forty can be as unnatural and difficult as being weaned from the mountain moving milk-faith provision in the Lord Jesus (Isa. 28:9/Mk. 11:23/Eph. 1:15), especially when we weren’t told from inception that the milk faith preeminent in the Church till date was only meant to prepare us for a truly enduring spiritual (meat) faith that is of the Son of God (1Cor. 3:2/Gal.2:20/1Jn. 5:1a). The latter (meat faith) is meant to further prepare us for the final meal of our soul; the strong meat of Love (i.e. God), that should bring us into perfection (Heb. 5:14/6:1b/1Jn. 5:1b).