… An Appraisal Inheriting All Things of God
David in his childlike nature, found himself wondering why God’s mind was full of man, because after all, man’s mind was full of everything but God (Ps. 8:2-6/139:17-18). Child abuse and drug abuse were most likely not rampant in his day, but pleasure abuse definitely was. So while pondering on the phenomenon called man, he disagreed with the prevalent edition of man that failed to interpret an original thought in God. He knew that many kings and mean men eschewed conversations that fit into what heaven would comfortably call “man abuse” (Ps. 62:9/Prov. 22:29).
- Ps. 8:4-6 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man (prophets like the first and last Adam), that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honor. Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
- Job 10:12 Thou hast granted me life and favor, and thy visitation (the honor of a prophet; a son of man) hath preserved my spirit.
In Ps. 8:4-6 above, David prophetically caught the first tranche of a fragrance of knowledge concerning God’s rapport with man, but it took Paul the Apostle to catch the remaining and to answer it:
- Heb. 2:8-9a Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things (i.e. all powers/authority in heaven and earth – Matt. 28:18) put under him (i.e. under man as conceived by God). But we see Jesus, …
The first Adam fell short of attaining God’s image and likeness, but the Last Adam did (1Cor. 15:45/Heb. 1:3)! So, as far as God is concerned, THE TRUE MAN IS HE WHO POSSESSES ALL THINGS; he who has kept His commandments of Faith and Love and has thereby received the knowledge of God that’s resident in the tree of life; in Christ Jesus. Such a man has received precious things that were hid in God from angels (Col. 1:26/Eph. 3:9/1Cor. 2:10) and has been fashioned into God’s likeness and image (Heb. 1:3/2Cor. 4:4). To achieve this today, God starts by separating a believer from unbelieving believers (2Cor. 6:14-17), gradually makes him holy and harmless by teaching him His Faith and finally makes him higher than the heavens (i.e. angels). God then admits him into His fellowship and certifies him as A PERFECT MAN and A FULLY RESURRECTED MAN respectively (Heb. 7:26/Eph. 4:13)
ABRAHAM NEVER PROPHESIED, BUT WAS CALLED A PROPHET. JOHN THE BAPTIST NEVER PERFORMED ONE MIRACLE, BUT WAS CALLED THE PROPHET OF THE HIGHEST. THEY WERE PROPHETS OF THE OLD ORDER BY VIRTUE OF THEIR ABILITY TO RELATE WITH THE INVINCIBLE REALM OVER THE EARTH (COL. 1:16D/LK. 19:13D) AND BY THEIR ABILITY TO MANIFEST A MEASURE OF THE FAITH LIFE THAT WAS ONCE IN ADAM. THEY WERE THE SONS OF MEN OF THEIR DAY (EPH. 3:5/ROM. 16:26B) AND A TYPE AND SHADOW OF THE COMING SONS OF GOD. THEY WERE SEPARATED FROM A FAILED STATE OF MAN CALLED FLESH BUT COULDN’T ATTAIN UNTO THE REALITY OF MAN AS CONCEIVED BY GOD (HEB. 11:39C).
- Jn. 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son (the first true edition of man), which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared (unveiled) him
- Jn. 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son (the first true manifestation) of man which is in heaven.
To give birth to, or to recreate God’s edition of man in a believer, we would have to come into truth by having our former nature washed away by the water of the word and by the birth of the Spirit (Jn. 17:17/Jn. 3:5/1Pet. 1:22/1Jn. 5:6). This is where we are separated from our former things (inheritance/nature) that makes us to still commit sins or offend faith life. Here, sin would fight back in various ways, but as we step up the good fight of faith and endure doing so to the end (Matt. 10:22/1Pet. 1:9), we’ll gain a totally new life from God!
- 2Cor. 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things (not some things) are become new.
- Rev. 21:7 He that overcometh (all old things traceable to sin and death) shall inherit all things (all judgments of the new man – Isa. 11:3/Jn. 5:22) ; and I will be his God (an unfulfilled promise in most Christians), and he shall be my son (i.e other begotten sons in the only begotten firstborn son).
God is committed to this cause of making us in His image and Likeness – the true man, and he has been blessing his saints with an unusual thirst for waters of life like never before. The world has been responding to this by fighting believers through the legitimate cares, the search for success and the deceitfulness of riches, so that they don’t entertain the true thirst for righteousness (Matt. 13:22/Lk 21:34d).
MAY WE ULTIMATELY INHERIT ALL THINGS OF GOD THAT MADE JESUS BECOME THE MAN CHRIST JESUS, SO GOD WOULD CONCUR WHEN WE CALL HIM “OUR GOD” (2COR. 6:16/REV. 21:3), BECAUSE WE WOULD HAVE BEEN MADE INSEPARABLE FROM HIS FELLOWSHIP AND LOVE (ROM. 8:38-39). AMEN
Kindly share with your circle of influence if you have been blessed by this series