… An Appraisal On Adventuring Good Light and Adventuring Perfect Light
Once upon a time, John as a disciple and as an apostle in the book of Acts carried out exploits that the church dearly needed and still celebrate, but he remained unaware of the actual exploits of those who know their God (Dan. 11:32) until he kept various appointments with grace and mercy, where he received the central message and the key emphasis of the New Testament – “GOD IS LIGHT”!
Only then did John find the true definition of DARKNESS and agree with the Lord Jesus that DARKNESS WAS A KIND OF LIGHT, AND THE LIGHT OF A LIFE CALLED DEATH! He also realized why it fights to remain unknown to the lives of its carriers and that it has only one antidote; “hearing, seeing, beholding and holding God’s gifts of Good light and of Perfect light (1Jn. 1:1/Jam. 1:17a). That was how John gradually disowned everything contrary light and nature, and then witnessed to posterity what had become his new nature.
- 1Jn. 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
– By John’s ability to give this and other clear judgments concerning light/darkness and death/life, he proved that he had come into what Paul called “So great salvation”
- 2Jn. 12:2/5 I knew a man in Christ (i.e. John) above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven…. Of such a one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities.
- Paul was glorying about the soul state of one (John) who had come into an experience of perfect light, which was still known to him by John had become a fellow of divine nature (God’s Love) while Paul was still a fellow of divine power (Christ’s Faith)
There were many trees in Eden, but there was only one tree of life. In like manner, there are many messages that can be fetched from the scriptures which many believers would call “powerful”, but there is only one message that can collect the known and unknown darkness of our souls (Acts 26:18b/1Jn. 1:8); and that message was a commandment of old that was made new (came alive) in John (1Jn. 2:7-8).
So the simple reason why Peter as an Apostle whose shadow had previously healed the sick would disobey God’s instruction (revelation) trice in Acts 10:9-16 was because darkness convincingly told him he knew better than God did, like it to Adam, Eve and to us all till date! “That message” (the true light) was yet to become “His message” (the light of his soul), so working for God (ministry) had a greater priority over the seeking eternal life (worship), and as such, Peter proved that his soul was not yet converted (saved).
- Lk. 22:32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
- Apostle Peter’s conversation (soul salvation) actually began after he meet and tarried with the light of Christ (of His Faith/epistle light) that God through Apostle Paul communicated to him (Gal. 2:9/2Pet. 3:16)
At our initial salvation, we (believers) had no working knowledge of the power that raised our spirit man (human spirit) from the dead, and God’s prescription for this costly ignorance that lingers decade(s) afterwards is to learn how Jesus used the light of faith over decades to walk contrary to known and unknown darkness, learn how it empowered him to challenge darkness that was comfortably resident in men, and how he ultimately attained the fullness of fellowship of and with Light – God.
Through the faith and love tutorials on the mount, our Lord Jesus counselled us to prepare to be perfect as our father in heaven is – i.e. to prepare to be without darkness by attaining perfect light (Matt. 5:48)! He started that message (the beatitudes) by journeying through the conversations of faith which would make us a good light/gift to creation and also ultimately a perfect light/gift to creation! (Matt. 5:48/Jam. 1:18))
So through the first light (Faith), John got to a place where he was able to dismember (dissect/overcome) the skeletal structure of sin, like a medical consultant would handle the cadaver of a corpse. But he journeyed further to the beginning (1Jn. 1:1); to his abode in God where he could dismember (dissect/overcome) death with the final light (Love). By THE GOOD LIGHT GOVERNING CHRIST’S FAITH that he received via fellowship with Paul, and by THE PERFECT LIGHT GOVERNING GOD’S LOVE that he experienced before all other apostles did, John entered into God and was fondly called JOHN THE DIVINE in his days. (Jn. 17:3/1Jn. 1:2/Jn. 13:3)
- Jam. 1:17 Every good gift (good light/Christ’s Faith) and every perfect gift (perfect light/God’s Love) is from above, and cometh (i.e. many visitations in fulfillment of Heb. 2:6) down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
- Jn. 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am (i.e. in the bosom of the God), there ye may be also.
These are the two lights of the New Testaments which were primarily pioneered by Apostle Paul and Apostle John, and they were designed to bring us to a place where we are not only saved by it (1Pet. 1:9/Rom. 1:17), but saved unto the uttermost (abundantly) by it (Heb. 7:25/2Pet. 1:11/Heb. 2:3). These are the respective lights of the seven Spirits of God in the holy place and of the glory of God in the most holy place, which the likes of John partook of in the days of his flesh; thereby fully demystifying godliness (1Tim. 3:16). These also are the judgments of the Urim and Thummim upon the breastplate of the high priest from whence all our judgments must be processed and dispensed (Exo. 28:30/Lev. 8:8/Ezra 2:63).
So the day a believer becomes completely free from darkness and overcomes death is the day he shares the same nature in God that Jesus inherited from His Father. That is the day he has been healed of every variableness (inconsistency) and shadow of turning (Heb. 1:12), and has been fully sealed by and unto God. That is the day he would receive all the substances in God that creation (the present earth and heavens) is lacking in and can never accommodate (Heb. 1:10-11a). Selah.
Leave a Reply